World War II - In Real Time - Week by Week

3 years 11 months ago #91 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic World War II - In Real Time - Week by Week
Enigma Captured!
May 9, 1941
World War II In Real Time with Indy Neidell - Week 89
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki, WANGER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #92 by ShayoX
Nazi Nuts Trading Places & Victory for the Commonwealth
May 16, 1941
World War II In Real Time with Indy Neidell - Week 90
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #93 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic World War II - In Real Time - Week by Week
Blast from the past.

I went to see my father and we talked about my grandad.

37 years ago, i was aged of 5 years and that's when we lost him. My memory's of him: George William Boyne - Of the British tank regiment.

Loving and caring man, he didn't mind telling me or overs he's war story's. That's because as kids we would nag him to tell us story's of the WW2.

I asked me father, what medals did he gain in the years of services. Of only the 3 medals that i did known about.

Was:

Africa corps - Cyprus - Ireland - but my father mentioned he had many medals when he was a young boy and use to play with them and lost many of them too. I also asked did my granddad have the Victorian cross. My father said yes he did. But the medals were given to over members of family after he's death and we do not see these members of the family. Which is very sad, as id like to see the medals again.

Very well, The story's i remember from my grandad as clear as are of today. 37 years on and one story still sticks in my mind to this present day and i want to share that story.

The story of an German attack on a British convoy mission.

My grandad was a British commander off an British tank , he was surveying an area... Which i believe it to be some part in France.

He mentioned a river or some lake / Well, while surveying this location my granddad was inside the tank with one over crew member.

They drive to a spot very peaceful and quite location and in day light. He travelled along side a path way/ possible road. As traveling along side road/path grandad spotted a German sniper.. as apparently soldier he was buried down beneath some rumble.

But he told me... that he was very uncertain of this German and both himself and he's crew member questioned it.. as they wasn't supposed to be any Germans in the area.

So he's mate said why don't you go take a look, so my granddad undone the roof hatch and he climbed out the tank to take this look around on foot in the area for the German sniper.

Then suddenly my granddad went within a few feet away from the tank and then suddenly after herd a loud bang ! He was shot in he's leg and fallen down to the ground. I seen the scare in he's leg as a child and another wound mentioned below..

He turned and Looked at the tank... he's crew man.. came to unstrap himself from inside the tank, but within like 2 mins.. my grandad crawled to the tank yelling for he's crew man.. to stay inside the tank. Stay put . I will crawl to you.. and he did so. But as my grandad managed to lift himself up against the tank.. he was also shot in the left shoulder and fallen to the ground.

To survive the attack, granddad rolled along the ground , using a tactical measure learnt in he's training.

Rolled down into a side of a muddy bank, along the river/lake as grandad was doing this.. he look back at the tank yelling that the Tank hatch/lid Was still open and to close it shut. The crewman wanted to help grandad, but grandad insisted to do what was told and close tank hatch, but he didn't do it and was panicking/ frustrated to help, uncertain of what wright methods to take.

Whilst that another German with a flame thrower, that appeared from basically out of thin air, wasn't apparently seen until the last roll down the bank.

The German set alight to my grandads tank and seen he's crew man being burnt alive to death.

Some how my grandad hid under dead Germans along the bank and piled dead body's on top of him, he didn't know they were their. remember they wasn't suppose to off been any one in this local area, that's what he was told. The body's were also even checked out.. but they didn't spot were my grand dad was.

I also don't recall off they being any over British solders around at the time of this scene. Were were they ? Was my grandad alone or was it he just went out of reach for help or even that he went out of arms reach.

But the story tells that my grandad survived the war and he was rescued to safety. This was he's very last days of the war. After the war had ended and went into years of mental therapy.. he took a path and went on to be a Canadian bounty police officer.

I use to see my grandad in a mental institute, in and out into a home and then back inside, he told me he couldn't get he's crew man out of he's dark mind and the yelling and screaming and dead soldiers and flashes of light.

I live to tell my granddads great and wonderful stories and hope that you enjoyed it .

I miss him dearly to this very day.

I hope that also you manged to read and weren't many missed typos too..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki, ShayoX

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #94 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic World War II - In Real Time - Week by Week

ProSabre wrote: Part 2.

The black sea of Death. Britain.

Before the war grandad mention a lot of Germans were coming to visit England, mostly very pleasant people, bringing gifts to people. But he also said, that some special secret service men. came also here and were very interested in our designing and technology and were also amazed with Leonardo da Vinci work.

He stated also that the Germans took a lot of patented certificates, being only 5 years old, i never new what these were. I do so now.

Now apparently the Germans were interested in aerodynamics and ship building designing and came to England for these patented certificates.

Were they stolen patented certificates ? not certain of this.

Well as years went on, My grandad herd of a ghost vampire ! lucking in the English channel waters and a invasion across the ocean to England shores from under the water bed was the attack on English soil.

Many soldiers new and were keen to find what it was lucking in the sea water. as we know U-boats, but grandad said. this was even well way before it all came to light in the news papers. and even way before PWD were involved ?

This ghost , what they name it as it was invisible and was taking down ships at the dozens and apparently ships could be seen burning and puffs of smoke from hill sides of wales from miles away and over locations around coastlines.

Grandad mentioned that nobody never new what it was causing ships at an extreme amount blowing up in the sea.
But he had an idea it was Germans invented some sort of underwater machine

So my grandad called a search team to investigate the matter in the ocean and came up with huge ideas to tackle the problem. Apparently a huge team consolidated, They went around to the local villages to obtain petrol, diesel, any think that was sticky and flammable and to hand it over with out any effect.

Piles of army trucks stock pilling fuel tanks and tanks of all sorts off flammable liquids and even tanks of black paint.

The army took all this out to the sea and dumped the lot of it in the sea, and the paint was use to camouflage the yellow oils that are visible on the water bed..

To catch the ghost vampire lurking the water they set alight to the water.

We know it was U-boats in the end. But granddad reckons they designed the U-boats because of the patented certificates and interested in Leonardo da Vinci work.

I know a lot would possible know more than me about these events, haven't done any research into any information. All is straight from my head and typed as i go along. So nothing is researched okay.

Okay... a wonder story again. I often wonder how much involvement that me grandad had in the war. Its kind of scary thinking about it all.

He would explain a lot into depth and if that we didn't understand what was told to us, he would continue he's stories on next visitations that we would see him again.

Read some things in relation to all this, i can not find anything about the army setting the sea on fire, but i did find that PWD (petroleum war department) were the ones who piped oil into the ocean.

So maybe that their was a time that the army were involved in such measures even way before the navy were and that different organized groups did different tasks.

I never told anyone my grandads story's, nobody else knows too, so may of added part events or even added to history, they is not many veteran's about now, well British ones.. So ya,

Did the Germans invent such vessels using a patent for (an invention). From England. to this... I will never know the true answers. Why ! would we give Germans our hundred's of patent for making weapons to destroy us and overs.

Did we even give out such items ? quite questionable.

What does patented mean?
Patent means protected by a government issued right allowing someone to make and sell a product or service for a certain amount of years without anyone being allowed to copy it.

Makes me think that they was a huge amount of doggy things going on in the war. To who will never know the true secrets.

So a lot of the information provided from me.. I will put as frictional. Peace..

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki, ShayoX

3 years 10 months ago #95 by ShayoX
Invasion of Crete: a Bloody Mess
May 23, 1941
World War II In Real Time with Indy Neidell - Week 91

3 years 10 months ago #96 by ShayoX
Sink the Bismarck! - The Pride of the Kriegsmarine's Demise
May 30, 1941
World War II In Real Time with Indy Neidell - Week 92
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki

• 43 birthday is today (57)