What's up at home today...?

4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #1717 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
Still looks neat and clean! :gj: Nice to see the fairies again :sozzled:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 days ago #1718 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What's up at home today...?

Nikita wrote:
Well, not already finished but, at least, the electronics are racked back and working and, most important, i'll sleep in my bed tonight...
:lol:

Knowing absolutely nothing about hi-fi systems,
do you really need all those devices? :D

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

4 years 3 days ago - 4 years 3 days ago #1719 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?
Well Damni, since i was 14, i became interested with listening music with the best audio quality i could afford me. You know, a high-fidelity sound system is a chain, each device has a dedicated purpose. Here, you have an amplifier, a single CD drive, a 5 CDs drive, a DVD drive including a built-in hard disk for recording, a radio tuner, a MD minidisc player/recorder, a DVD player dedicated to the TV, an old cassette deck that i don't use very often but from time to time and an additional amplifier/sound-processor that provides Dolby 5.1 for surround features when i play 5.1 DVD movies. Connected to this, there are two main front loudspeakers, two rear loudspeakers and a central one, so the "5" of Dolby 5.1. I've also a subwoofer for ultra-low frequencies (less than 120 or 130 Hz) that means the "1" of Dolby 5.1, but it's not connected because it doesn't fit with a small room such my home, it needs a large room because if not you got bad reverberations of low frequencies. Of course one can listen to music with less of devices but it provides me more possibilities and a better sound quality, and that's important for me, that's why i'm not a fan of MP3 and other crappy compressed audio standards and that's why i don't use dematerialised music and i still continue to use CDs. You know, some can be interested with poweful cars, others can be interested with state of the art computers or high quality watches, etc...

For me, i'm interested with music played with the best audio quality i can. You see, i don't own any Marantz device but i do gladly endorse the motto of this brand : "Because music matters".
:nod:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni, ShayoX

4 years 3 days ago #1720 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What's up at home today...?
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

4 years 3 days ago - 4 years 3 days ago #1721 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
As some guys on Discord might reply... "You are a man of culture!" It's become a classic meme :sarcy:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, ShayoX, Xiadz

4 years 3 days ago #1722 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

May i add : You know, it's not really a question of lot of devices and it's also not totally a question of price. Of course, i (and doubtless you too, guys), will never be able to afford "stratospheric" audio systems as provided by brands such as Mc-Intosh, Mark Levinson, Conrad-Johnson, Jadis, Threshold Audio and so much more but, often, a well tuned simple audio system consisting in a good player, a good amplifier, a pair of good loudspeakers, all of this connected with good quality cables, will make you discover another world of music, adding nothing and removing nothing of what was originally recorded by the artists. If you can, i really invite you to take a couple of CDs you know well by listening them often, and to bring them to a serious auditorium who will play them on a good enough quality system, and then you will re-discover your music and start to understand, with your own ears, what i want to explain here.
:nod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni, ShayoX, Xiadz

• Lukasz birthday is in 1 day (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 8 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 9 days (39)