Shoutbox

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Lodder
Shoutbox was created by Lodder
Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I'm the developer of the Shoutbox on your site and started developing a commercial version a few weeks ago, which is packed with many more features, some of which could be handy for your clan.

Here are the current Pro features:

- BBCode colour option
- Ability to choose BBCode options
- Online/offline indicator
- Users can enable/disable sound notifications themselves
- Admins can edit any shout
- Admin email notifications
- Enhanced design
- Additional layout options
- Strict blocking/spam filter (Coming soon)
- Upload attachments attachments (Coming soon)

It's pretty in a stable state to release and Betteryouthanme has been a massive help with bug reporting in the past, so I was wondering if you guys would like a FREE copy of it to use on your site.

@Betteryouthanme, If you would like a copy of it, let me know and I'll send you the zip file via email, then add your JoomJunk account to the special usergroup so you have access to future updates.

Also, if you have any feature suggestions, please feel free to share.

Kind regards,
Charlie Lodder
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, ShayoX, Femto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #2 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Shoutbox
Thank you Lodder.
If you send betteryouthanme a PM he will get e-mail notification.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

7 years 10 months ago #3 by Femto
Replied by Femto on topic Shoutbox
Thank You , Lodder sir .... your shoutbox is enjoyably good already .. I had one suggestion ! :happy: , what about a feature of tagging users ?
for Example:- Me:- Hey , thanks for playing with us @User1 @User2
so that it can simplify that for whom it was meant to !

"In this world, some people born are like keys that move the world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man."

7 years 10 months ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Shoutbox
Hey Lodder,
now i remember the mail you sent. Sorry, just forgot about it.

Of course i'd like to have a copy and give it a try :nod:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #5 by Lodder
Replied by Lodder on topic Shoutbox
@MisterMeow Glad you like it :) Tagging users is already a feature, however it's still in Beta. It must enabled in the shoutbox options which your webmaster will have to do ;) As it's only currently a beta feature, tagging a user does not notify them. All it does it provide you with a list of user based on your keyword. I'll continue working on this feature this afternoon.

@betteryouthanme, I've sent you the zip file via email and added your JJ account to the usergroup. Remember that when an update is available, you will need to manually download it from the JJ site and install it as it's commercial. Also given you Github access just in case you need to report any bugs and test patches.

Once installed, you may need to clear your Joomla cache if you have it enabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Femto

7 years 2 months ago #6 by Lodder
Replied by Lodder on topic Shoutbox
Morning guys,

I've recently been developing the next major update for the Shoutbox.

So far I've completely re-written the the Javascript to majorly improve performance and there's now a new drag-n-drop image upload, along with some other general improvements and fixes.

I'm also planning on having an archive feature, by which all deleted shouts will be moved into a separate database table and the archive can be viewed by administrators.

What has been done so far is stable state and working fine, so I was wondering if you'd like to install this on your site to give it a test run for a week or 2, and let me know if everything is ok or if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL

• 43 birthday is today (57)