Kunena editor problems

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #1 by snowman
Kunena editor problems was created by snowman
As you guys and gals must have noticed, the forum update messed up the text editor. Unfortunately it's not possible to return to any previous version or change to another type of text editor. The new text editor has some formatting problems and it occasionally crashes if you type the "Source" code by yourself using the older format. For example, resizing an image is no longer possible via image size [img size=200 etc. from the Source tab. When you go back to the main(Preview) everything disappears and the buttons go grey.

Other website admins are complaining about this.

The only way things can get better is by future updates/ fixes ... which will probably break other things because amateur programmers are unable to at least make it possible to parse the code with backward compatibility, even when you change the format, to at least now break the editor.

* The only way you can fix the editor parse bug when writing or editing your posts is to Submit a simple text content and then start all over again.

Please share any problems you experience. Maybe some can be fixed.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, Maki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #2 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Kunena editor problems
Post editing not working,
Submit button has no effect, old text version is restored not edited version.
And if i select edit then it doesnt show all text content inside text field.

The one who hesitates is lost !

2 years 9 months ago #3 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Kunena editor problems
There are other problems with it too. Unlike the old editor where everything worked fine, you have to do a lot of guessing with this one. Every time I get notifications for a new version of forum updates, I imagine they fixed something, but it's worse :(

Sorry, there is not easy solution as they don't even let you change the editor or anything about it. I remember some were complaining online to the Joomla/Kunena staff and they said "you need to solve the problem with those who maintain the editor"... basically saying "we provide software that doesn't work, there's no alternative, you can't fix it, stop bothering us". I'll look for more solutions when I get the chance.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Kunena editor problems
Somehow, I think it's fixed. I didn't change anything, except some settings that I later changed back.

The element parsing bug may be gone, but since there is no actual fix, I don't know yet. I can't solve problems when I don't see where the problem is.

I've managed to find a way to change the editor, which had a different name when I looked at the problem in the past. For some reason it is not displaying correctly and some buttons don't work. If I can fix it maybe we can use the old one again.

This is where you can find the setting needed. It's by finding the Kunena > Templates tab, under Components.

The textarea is messed up and clicking Video or Emoticons makes the page dark, but the is no dropdown modal. Somehow they worked at some point but the buttons were not working... very strange. I haven't seen anyone online reporting this bug either.

Found an interesting usage for the CKEditor we are using now. When you style the text using the buttons, you can grab it by clicking the elements that pop up on the editor footer.

I'll spend a few more hours trying to fix things... but now I need some rest.

!!! Also try to clear the browser cookies. This may be one of the problems that create the parsing problems when changing between preview and Source mode.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, Maki

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)