Team Coop Missions List (TLC)

8 years 8 months ago #115 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Team Coop Missions List (TLC)
If I am in the mood I will join. :rambo:

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #116 by Feldmarshal
Replied by Feldmarshal on topic Team Coop Missions List (TLC)
I will be ;)

Btw. What about add sniper rivle for TLC? :whistle:

You will not grow if you are not willing to change yourself

8 years 8 months ago #117 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Team Coop Missions List (TLC)
That was maybe the reason of the pic in my previous post here above ... :whistle: :D

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #118 by Nikita
Well, wanted to give my two cents about that, and a forum is a nice place for that ( Whot? You said ? Not the right forum ? :leave: )

Well, everyone knows that Allied optic rifles are Enfield optic and Springfield optic. For me, the differences between these two rifles may condition their use and also the global tactic of the team. Quick summary of the essential points, as i see it :

Enfield :
Positive points vs Springfield : 10 rounds clips, quick to reload, can be reloaded at any moment, high rate of fire. *
Negative points vs Springfield : Much heavy, lower shoot velocity, rough enough optic with lower accuracy.
Particular point : The best items of the standard Enfield production were picked and then adapted to this sniping purpose.

Springfield :
Positive points vs Enfield : Much light, more powerful because higher shoot velocity, finest optic with enhanced accuracy.
Negative points vs Enfield : 5 rounds, very slow to reload cartridge by cartridge, can be reloaded only when empty, lowest rate of fire.
Particular point : It's a standard Springfield M1903A3 with the specific optic M73.

So, considering that stuff, for me i see the use of the Enfield optic, in an assumed TLC event, a bit as the Russian Dragunov SVD was later designed, i.e. not a "pure" sniper rifle but a rifle with accuracy, range and fire power enough to be a support of the infantry squad. So, in this configuration, the soldier with the Enfield optic is a bit the same as the one, later, with the Dragunov, he's a part of the squad, moving with it.
He's not isolated at a specific point as the top of a cliff, covering a large area, and he doesn't go to a recon as a marksman can do. **

On the other hand, the soldier with the Springfield optic may be this one, "pure" marksman, alone (at the time, now they go as a pair with a spoter), and he will also act more "isolated" in a recon mission.

So, depending the tactic and the choices of the TL, maybe all of this can be considered a bit,

Well, don't know, i just wanted to speak a bit about that, because sniper/marksman character and way of playing has always be my favourite choice and my personal style of playing since i started to play H&D2.

Thank you for reading. :D

* Several testimonies of WW2 soldiers say that, with a couple of Enfield rifles in the hands of well trained soldiers, the rate of fire turned the Germans to believe it was a British MG.

** Actually, this new deal with the Dragunov SVD influenced the Soviet doctrine about the composition and tactics of Red Army infantry squads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feldmarshal

8 years 8 months ago #119 by Kure
Replied by Kure on topic Team Coop Missions List (TLC)
Well written Nik.

I would like to refer on the negative page of using sniper and it is - sniper will be the one with the best score, he´s got the most kills and the rest of the team has less chance to enjoy the game, because sniper will kill the enemy easier and faster than rest of team. (This is written for africa maps only - doesnt suit to every map).

Don´t read this like : "Kure doesn´t want to have a sniper on TLC!" ,, This is only second point of view.
If there´s anyone who feels situation about marksman same as I wrote, there could be a option that sniper will have limited quantity of ammo, so He has to save his ammo, dont waste too much and give rest of the team more chance to do their job :-)

what do you think?

The world can kick you when you’re down
And it shows no mercy
It makes them smile to see you frown
But just wait and they will see
This would kill the weaker man
But it’s been keeping me alive
Through all the negativity
Somehow I know I will survive
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

8 years 8 months ago #120 by Nikita
Well, it's as for the rest, the TL decides. So, we can imagine a soldier with a Springfield optic, 10 cartridges only and a very specific role during the mission, in the mind of the TL, for this or that specific map. It's up to the TL, all of this. :D

No upcoming Birthdays