Remote Server Control (RSC)

3 years 4 months ago #121 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
Okay, Jonny. Here' we go :mm5:

1. Limited ban Do you think it's possible to also add a time for ban next to the reason for ban? I was thinking maybe 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month and unlimited.

If I can report here some "error" from RSC is that sometimes in-game, I saw players get a different reason for ban than the actual one. No problem, just thought I can mention it here.

2. Player logs This may not make sense right now, but is it possible to also log messages and actions by player name? I've seen situation when someone kills another player and then quickly disconnects. It's strange how some player names can't be found in server logs, but it may be possible to catch the name and ip this way.

Only suggestions, not requests that are necessary ;)

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonnySniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #122 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
1. this would be a good feature, that goes on my list !

so you mean he was banned with glitching but the message was different?

2. all players should be listen to the list, maybe with a different IP?

iam in conversation with stern maybe to catch the game key as reference to some features.
but thats just a idea

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #123 by snowman
Many thanks.

Yep, I've checked it myself a couple of times. Someone made some teamkills, had a temporary ban with this reason and then in-game reason appears as glitching. Not a big deal.

For no 2. there was one recent occasion and I also remember some from past years when the server had to be restarted, along with RSC. Very few players were in the logs and the one that joined, committed a teamkill and disconnected was not in the list of players. It was very strange. Short list of players, took a screenshot with the player's name, looking in the list in all countries/locations... there was no record. Do you think it's possible RSC did not record a new nickname when someone is joining from the same IP address, under a different nickname?

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #124 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
ive added a new function to RSC.now youre able to read the console text in RSC Client.You just choose the Console by the Combobox und press the Circle button.every 9 seconds will updated the list completly.I think the test is only for read and i will add a copy button.Now you can decide which users are able to read the text.everybody or with specific rights (Usermanagemt)?
In short i will call it CT for Console Text and on the buttom there you see the time it needed from asking the text,
to the server who is read and send it to the client.
pretty quick :binocs:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 3 months ago #125 by snowman
It looks very pretty Jonny :heart: Thank you :yoyo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: JonnySniper

3 years 3 months ago #126 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
There is one thing I see too often (also now, while checking something)

"Asynchroner Socketfehler" > is also in German, but the OS is in English - maybe because of the RDP connection (du weißt ja^^)

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• 43 birthday is today (57)