How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player

8 years 11 months ago #7 by jacobston
Cz4 Marketplace was awesome in SP, so thanks again for that. :love:

It would be really cool to see more coop missions in SP. I remember a while ago I was just dicking around and tried to get Brest_EXT to work in SP, but I also had problems getting the scripts to load. Anyway, there is still much I do not know about making maps in coop or SP, so I was likely doing something wrong. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #8 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player
Thanks.

Can anyone convert Multiplayer Coop - Libya (Tiger Tomb), Africa (Rommels Road), Alps (Forest Fight), Africa (Art of Sand), Africa (Tank battle) to Single player mode?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

8 years 11 months ago #9 by jacobston
Actually, some of those maps would be really cool in SP. I guess the best idea would be to find whoever made the missions in the first place, as they would know most about them.

What is the difference between coop and SP maps? I mean, what has to be done to convert them? I know how to create SP spawns in the Revenge editor, but is there anything else that needs to be done to the scripts for them to work? :undecided:

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #10 by Stern
In some cases all that has to be done is to delete MPspawn and import 4xSP spawns.
I used DCED for deleting, hex editor to import spspawns and again DCED to set spspawns locations.
And from mission folder the file mpscripts.dta has to be renamed to scripts.dta.

I use this file to import SPswawns AC and DEF with Hexeditor
4xDummyPlayer

The one who hesitates is lost !

8 years 11 months ago #11 by jacobston
So, I took a look at getting Rommel's Road to work in SP.

I managed to get three of the spawns working (I don't know what happened to the fourth, but I guess I must have done something wrong) :whistle:
For now, I just exported the spawns from the original SP map and used DCED and a hex editor to import them, that way the coords would be almost correct (and it wouldn't immediately drop me through the ground or something) :sarcy: I'll try again with the Definitions Stern attached.

For the most part, the mission seems to be working. I renamed mpscripts.dat to scripts.dat, and it most of the enemies are working, except for the two tanks at the start. One just sits there (I don't know if he is supposed to) behind the spawn, and the other sits in the valley in front of the vehicles. The really odd part is the two enemy soldiers who hover in midair above the second tank. I am guessing the scripts for them aren't working properly, so I will take a look there later on.

Other than that, the mission is working fine. All of the vehicles are driving around properly, enemies are acting as they are supposed to, so I guess it is just a few scripts that aren't working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, snakeplissken

8 years 11 months ago #12 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player
if you want to add more then 4 squad members you have to place an allied soldier (if i remember right up to 6 squad members are allowed) on the map and add a script like:
// Allied soldier to team up
// ---------------------------------------------

Block
{
Frame MyFRM;	FRM_GetMyFrame(MyFRM);

FRM_SwitchFaceTexture(MyFRM,"e_f060");
HUMAN_SETSIGHTRANGE(0);
HUMAN_SETHEARRANGE(0);
SetAlarmType(1023, 0);

HUMAN_SetOptimized(1);
HUMAN_SETMODE_Crouch();
}
goto END;

// ---------------------------------------------

OnDeath(){
EndScript();
}

OnAlarm(){
EndScript();
}

Whenever TeamUp (_PlayerInRange(10))
{
HUMAN_SETSIGHTRANGE(80);
HUMAN_SETHEARRANGE(80);
SetAlarmType(1023, 1);
SetNPCTeamStatus(MyFRM, 1);
goto END;
}

Label END:

And for a stealth mission, overwrite the original Alps2 mission ;)

You may also try
Mission_SetUniformDisguise
SetupTacticalMode

Not sure if those script commands work or how. But seems pretty self explaining.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• 43 birthday is today (57)