[MTB] servers - requests, questions e.t.c.

6 years 7 months ago #37 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic [MTB] servers - requests, questions e.t.c.
Hello!

We already rent the server and everything looks fine. For me, I got a better ping (before: 31ms, now: 25ms). Sadly I had to buy new ip addresses because OVH don't support the import of Failovers to their DISCOVER servers for now.

I plan the migration for today. Nevertheless I cannot tell when it's ready.

- TT93

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL, ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #38 by Maletzki
Info: the migration will now begin. It takes up to 3 hours. The new IP will be 145.239.138.241

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #39 by Maletzki
The servers are up and working fine! If you have any suggestions, write me!

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL, ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #40 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic [MTB] servers - requests, questions e.t.c.
That 6-5 ping is a large step into improving players experience on your servers :gj: Great job! :hunter:
You should find some guys for admins on your servers ex. COOP teamkilling etc is annoying as hell and you can't always be there everybody has more important things to do and I know it. There has to be at least 1 active person that can manage MTB servers and keep them calm and peaceful from game disturbers.

The pattern kinda works like this: game disturbers get banned on MTB they will go to continue their rampage on =RpR= or other servers or if they get banned on =RpR= or other servers first then they will go to MTB to continue there. Servers need instant managing because of players like ex.
Cudla (teamkiller) :rambo:
Of course as I have mentioned, not everybody can always be there in that particular moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maletzki

6 years 7 months ago #41 by Maletzki
Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, we thought the same thing when we heared, that OVH will open his first datacenter in Frankfurt/Germany. There are many hosting companies here, but only a small hand of them host in Frankfurt. And also the price is playing a huge role. With OVH, we got a good experience in two years. So yeah, that's our choice.

Yep, my main admin, Dan Jirasek, talked with me about the. In future we try to find more players we can trust who want to help us in administrating the servers.

We already had that problem several times ago. Dan is looking more often then me about bans here on RpR, so he is always faster in banning them.

For better communication around player bans I opened a forum: https://hd2.mtb-clan.com/forum/index.php .

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

6 years 7 months ago #42 by Maletzki
Just a quick update:

I added some bans on our forum. Also Guests can now read topics but cannot write something.

All other bans, which are not listed in the forum, are no more active!

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)