Coop maps should not crash + Enemy lives decresed

11 years 2 months ago #1 by Zdenda
Hi all =). I have been wondering why I was pretty bit bored playing coop maps in the last few days and I found out two main reasons, about which you will perhaps agree with me.

1) Server crashing... Many coop maps simply crashed servers. You know why? A script of a manually set soldier (Ally or Usable German solder) must not contain "EndScript();" command... makes servers aftergame or when next map is loaded crash.

2) Enemy had too big lives and were hard to kill... well, at the beginning I though it could make the maps a better challenge... but it made the game actually a bit boring.. so ... I put them back down in all maps that were in the latest Superpacks....

Underlined and added up = SuperPack 3.1 - fixed, better playable maps. Will be downloadable at my site (www.czteam-hd.net) already tonight so maybe you will want to update your maps or if you like to make a new CMP, here it is ;).

Have fun! =)

=°«{27th Armoured Tiger Ðivision}»°=
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morty, snowman, Hellcat, Ultimate Force, Lukasz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2 by Ultimate Force
Replied by Ultimate Force on topic Coop maps should not crash + Enemy lives decresed
Good Job Zdenda! ;)

Thanks for the help.

Just a quick question, would I have to reinstall all my maps on my computer, if the maps on the server were updated with this fix.

11 years 2 months ago #3 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Coop maps should not crash + Enemy lives decresed
good morning,
SuperPack 3.1 is now installed on our server. If Zdenda reduced soldiers health you have to overwrite the old files Steve.

Removing EndScript() and that was all? Great discovery. :gj: Just to clearify, for "normal" enemy scripts the command is working well? I mean it's in almost every OnAlarm(), OnDeath() block..

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

11 years 2 months ago #4 by Zdenda
Yes, you need to overwrite. And yes, for "normal" enemy scripts its fine. But for all other "human" scripts, there must be no "Endscript();"... otherwise you crash when next map is loaded... we discovered this long time ago .. I just forgot about it.. my bad... =)

=°«{27th Armoured Tiger Ðivision}»°=

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)