Which tools are needed for map modding?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1 by Maletzki
Which tools are needed for map modding? was created by Maletzki
Hello guys,

I want to edit some maps for my own purpose. But I really don't know how you modding kings mod maps today. Some years ago, I worked with DCED and Tiny Hexer to recorrect deleted entries. Is there any new tool to find positions of any maps or is it still the old way: find by doing? I hope someone can help me.

Regards, ThomasTailor93

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #2 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic Which tools are needed for map modding?
Hey guys,

I clicked a bit around and downloaded some stuff, read some topics etc... I downloaded DC:ED but now I have a big problem. When I start it, it crashs directly. Does anyone have a solution for it?

Regards

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

9 years 6 months ago #3 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Which tools are needed for map modding?
What Windows are you using?

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Which tools are needed for map modding?
Right now i'm using
  • hdmaster's L3SD Editor.gup (Plugin for 3ds Max 2013 64-bit), basically to check map coordinates
  • HD2 RevEngEd 2 Editor by Ikaros for placing dummies and objects (Javascript must be installed)
  • Notepad++ for Scripts
  • And as you mentioned already Tiny Hex Editor (or any other) for editing definition values.

Actually i'm not using DCED anymore, only Revenged Editor. Do you run it as administrator?
All plugins and tools can be found on my OneDrive .

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maletzki

9 years 6 months ago #5 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic Which tools are needed for map modding?
Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Thanks for your list.

I'm downloading right now 3ds Max 2013 64-bit (original with student access).
I already downloaded HD2 RevEngEd2 but I need some time to figure it out. Do you use it in the same way like DC-ED2?
I don't want to make that complicated maps. I just want to convert single player and coop maps into Deathmatch mode.

Regards, ThomasTailor93

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #6 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Which tools are needed for map modding?

ThomasTailor93 wrote: I'm downloading right now 3ds Max 2013 64-bit (original with student access).

Latest 3ds Max version should work as well as long it's 64-bit.

ThomasTailor93 wrote: I already downloaded HD2 RevEngEd2 but I need some time to figure it out. Do you use it in the same way like DC-ED2?

With DCED2 you can simply load any actors or scene2.bin, in Revenged you have to create a project first. There should be a User Guide included. (PDF) It's a bit difficult to get in touch with Revenged but if you'll see it's much better.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)