Suggestions for mod hd2

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by ProSabre
Suggestions for mod hd2 was created by ProSabre
Hi.

Since now server list back on, i want take interest with overs to help and see if we can get new items in game.

My interest is a few and i make small list.

I understand items.sav a little and the weapons, and believe with help of betteruthanme. Maybe he could add additional items or make adjustments/ or stop cheaters. I can share about items.sav,

Using Hxd in type asicii
all weapons have length 1FC

for example.

☺...☺...w_stenFPV.══════════wi_br-sten.═════════w_sten.═════════════....════════════════Sten gun Mk2.═══════²♥..hæ]@☻...•.......0.......♦.......♥...═╠L?..ûC☺.....╚B♂...☺═══....☻.........▬E..╖C..♀Bff╢@333@o↕â;        stengun...Ç?.╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠.╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠╠♣.......♦...♣...♂╛u?════════════════════════════════☺...♥.......╛...════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Part w_stenFPV - wi_br-sten - w_sten - Sten gun Mk2 are the 4ds and 5 ds modules. You can replace these guns names with over parts of weapons with required amount of hex, changing these parts with over names form item.sav / make of weapons, will see weapon look mangled.

1/ you can make a 1FC hex and copy that under another weapon and make changes to that weapon, so is possible to add modified extra gun in your items.
if you make mistakes in hex or copy wrong parts you crash out game.

So now, lets tear this weapon to bits and find what purpose it holds and what makes it act as a weapon..

1/ using Ansi, length 28 the first part of this line . ý...h‘]@............0................... holds
/ i can't remember exactly, but i can tell in this section below.

one or two of the hex letters ý / h gives the weapon a slot in the inventory and another is its ammo.
@ is part with no Weight of weapon or add weight , betteruthanme will understand all this better..
another letter is speed of weapon in inventory.

second part.

..–C......ÈB.....

weapon Smoke on/off change to over smoke effect. or effects of over weapons
gun flash - on/off change to over effect.
Speed of bullet. on/off/ slower - faster.
amount of ammo on /off/ more/extra

You can swap around parts of hex from over weapons. in the above it possible to use every over weapon fire from arty to tank blast to even machine guns.

At one point i add effect: fire which is the flame-thrower, it don't have kill effect, and once press trigger you can not turn it off and effect from wepon out the barell is very large. so can flame-thrower be added, maybe/ ?

third part ...............E..·C...Bff¶@333@o.ƒ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ This is part of loading the weapon and also how fast it speeds to load.
it also contains sound of weapon, auto reload or Manuel fire. Is possible to swap parts of this hex with over weapons.

four .................¾u? this part is: add scope on/off and the distance of zoom. Can also swap length of hex to over weapons.

five ............¾... this part is ammo for weapon and slot in inventory.

So, this is roughly what i know about , and it took me years to find this information myself and have a understanding.

betteruthanme you are good with hex, so maybe this will help and you can make something of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #2 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Suggestions for mod hd2
Hey finn,
I won't talk about the items.sav as it would be a perfect cheater's guide.
For modding purposes it is not very useful anyway.

If you are discovering unknown values and want others to know, please post an image of the HEX Code first and then you can tell about the values regarding it's position.
Below you find an example of the "Place for explosives" definition. (ID-22) Definitions can be found in actors.bin or scene2.bin (door definitions)
Place for explosives Wiki

Here e.g the position of the label value (have a look at your texty.txt; 7161 "Location for explosives") is 0x2A - 0x2D:
F91B 0000 which gives you converted into Long 32-bit: 7161
Of course there can be also 8-bit, 16-bit values or 32-bit FLOATs..

0x35-0x38: 4400 0000 = 68 (Long 32-bit)
68 is the Item code for dynamite (compare with List of items )

0x5F is a single byte (8bits) and is the state of the explosive (set 01 or not set 00)

and so on..

I hope this helps you a bit. Good luck with your research 8)
If you have questions let me know ;)

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

9 years 3 months ago #3 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic Suggestions for mod hd2
Thank you betteruthanme.

I just made it brief above and if i find any think out again, i'll post in ur inbox.

I must get my game fixed, as when i hit refresh on sever list after 2 times my game frezz and crash and then game gets stuck in memory, then i restart pc to get out this bug.
Also my game locks up after i dump from a server game.

I using win8.1 - 64bit tried full admin, tried program compatible.
Might be window screen size causing these issue and bugging game, i using hdmi 16.9,
going play about a bit, getting pissed of these issues..

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #4 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Suggestions for mod hd2
Modifying weapons will soon become unrealistic unless a time period correct weapon that is not in the game can be added. Like the grease-gun or maybe a scoped Mosin or portable artillery like a mortar. I think the community really needs modded maps more. Added vehicles, random spawn points, new objectives, AI behaviour, maybe even buildings and so on. It would be fantastic if a complete new map could be created from maybe existing objects and buildings.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 3 months ago #5 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Suggestions for mod hd2
"You know Hogan, I was thinking the same thing..." :rofl:

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #6 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic Suggestions for mod hd2
You can make new maps out of walls taken from the game, its really hard doing, just using dced to position objects and size walls, then use spawn zone that reside in a map that are all already set up, just reposition them when making new map. use the reveged editor to modifier new map.4ds, edit the scene.bin and and del all the background out and use a modified tree.klz i had take from n2b.

This was hard doing, i made a few maps,
http://1drv.ms/1sq86Dw
yes not the very best ever, just an attempt at doing what you can..

As more we dig deeper into this game, the more we find to unlock part we can mod, ted being a genius with 4ds file and making new vehicles, zed good with scripts, betteruthanme good rigging things in maps, We put our heads together, god knows what we can achieve together.

• Lukasz birthday is in 6 days (41)