Request to modders - voice command

7 years 11 months ago #19 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Request to modders - voice command
I don't like the idea overwritting things but if you really want it i can put it in the next release of CMP.
I'm not a programmer so users have to backup their folders manually then.

Also every texty.txt and dialogs.bin of all languages need to be edited. (Czech, english, englishUS, french, german, italian, spanish)

I've made myself changes to the dialogs_DD.bin for Oddball coop mission but i have just added things and did not overwrite stuff. (see cmp_dialogs.txt)

@Stern
You don't have to add the sound files. You can change the addressed file directly in dialogs.bin resp. Dialogs_DD.bin.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juanma66, NL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #20 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Request to modders - voice command

I don't like the idea overwritting things but if you really want it i can put it in the next release of CMP.
I'm not a programmer so users have to backup their folders manually then.

In that case it is probably better to make it a manual thing players must do themselves so we can give proper instructions about making a backup of the original files. Unless Stern does succeed in adding and not replacing sounds, than it shouldn't matter much.

We'll wait and see.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #21 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Request to modders - voice command
Yes i have to add sound files because they are renamed.
What will i get if i only change the 900000... stuyff in Dialogs.bin ?

Example:
After player is selected command "Move There (s)", the game sends command "90000234" from Dialogs.bin on to the screen to be displayed as "Move There (s)" and plays sound "90000234.WAV".
Now if i want to replace this command with "Under fire", i have to search "Under fire" from Dialogs.bin and change 90000116 to 90000234 and delete or rename original entry for "Move There (s)", then Dialogs.bin consists only one 90000234 and "Under fire" is displayed on screen.
Original voice for 90000234.WAV is "Move There", if i want it to be "Under fire", the "Under fire" sound file 90000116.WAV has to be renamed to 90000234.WAV and it has to be put to Sound folder, then player will hear voice: "Under fire" instead of "Move There".

Then It can be "Optional" like "Civil Uniform mod" in cmp.

I posted a question about how to enable SP commands for MP to hidden-and-dangerous.net, maybe someone there have an idea.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

7 years 11 months ago #22 by Femto
Replied by Femto on topic Request to modders - voice command
Hello , when playing Coop , I feel extreme need of command like "I'm in position" & "cover me" , I think this will add a better meaning in Coop games :D

"In this world, some people born are like keys that move the world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man."

7 years 11 months ago #23 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Request to modders - voice command
"I am in position" is a useful one. "cover me" we already have (covering fire)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

7 years 11 months ago #24 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Request to modders - voice command

Stern wrote: Yes i have to add sound files because they are renamed.
What will i get if i only change the 900000... stuff in Dialogs.bin ?

Have just tried and it seems to make no difference. You're right renaming seems the only option. But that means if someone runs the game in e.g italian language he will hear the edited sound always in english, or let's say in the language of the file we add to the Sounds folder.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)