mobile barrier

6 years 6 months ago #7 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic mobile barrier
I am using DCED to import the objects and a HexEditor for the definitions. I know the program and use it sometimes. It was once very well but others have had problems (surely it is not a problem of the program) but I am afraid to break my .bin (I can not see some definitions in DCED).

Yesterday I thought about importing the object to actors but I was already tired. Today I could import the barrier but the part of the small house has no volume (the barrier does have volume).

I have problems with the script, I can not open the barrier. I have looked at barrier.scr from co_czech5 but it does not refer to the barrier, and this confuses me.

really works only with SetActorState (barrier, 1); ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #8 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic mobile barrier
Just make sure that if you import Def or Obj with AFSVC, you import file that contains only Defs or only Objs, because it only checks the first one to decides where to put it. You can have many Objects in one file, doesnt matter...

DCED does not handle Definitions well...its an old story...
Its good to work with HexEditor, it creates less trouble if done correctly.

Look at script zavora klika.scr (CZECH1), Its a barrier script, there is framed zavora1.Cylinder01 and 02. and its moved with SetActorState 1 or 0

The one who hesitates is lost !

6 years 6 months ago #9 by Polanski
Hey! Thank you! I had seen this code before, this is to open the barrier with a switch.
I would like something simpler, but I will look ...

6 years 6 months ago #10 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic mobile barrier
But where is the problem then ? You can make changes to work it the way you want...
Maybe this Officer will give order to soldier to raise the barrier and let the player drive through, then it can be Signal from Officer script to Barrier script, or first to soldier script to move close to barrier and then Signal to Barrier script or it can be in soldiers script, does not need to be separate script for Barrier...

The one who hesitates is lost !

6 years 6 months ago #11 by Polanski
the barrier does not need a separate script? but, how is it recognized then? I'm a little tired now, I need to look at it quietly...

6 years 6 months ago #12 by Polanski
I have it! I needed to rest! was making reference to the barrier bad.

Thank you very much to all!!

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)