Damage volume

6 years 7 months ago #1 by Polanski
Damage volume was created by Polanski
hello modders!

I am trying to remove the fences from the Normandy map 4. I can remove the model but I can not remove the damage volume and a transparent wall.

I think it's some element of scene2 but I can not find it

please help!! :sos:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #2 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic Damage volume
too difficult, I have solved it by another way.

6 years 6 months ago #3 by Polanski
Any clue with this? I could expand the boundaries of the map! I am beginning my mission too close to the guards. Assaulting the truck coming down the road would be great. now it is very forced.

6 years 6 months ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Damage volume
The collsions are stored in tree.klz
In your case it's a steady collision, meaning it's only stored in tree.klz without any link to another file (like scene.4ds or bin files)

I was trying to remove a litttle Stop signs (see attached images) on the Tutorial mission.
I planned to let enemy reinforcements drive through that barrier.
I could make the barrier open by adding a definition to it, but the sign sticked to its position, so i removed it in the scene2.bin file.
But the collision was of course still there. It blocked all incoming vehicles..

So i searched with a HEX Editor (with range mode) for the position values and i moved it 10 meters to the left (position B), thought the problem would be fixed now.
But it seems there's even more to edit in that tree.klz
Now if you walk into the stop sign (original position A) you get magically transformed to the new position B.

As you see the klz file is very complex and without an editor impossible to modify.

If you have a model in scene.4ds (e.g. name NewModel00) and this model is linked in the klz file you can remove that collision by just hiding your model in the bin file.
http://hd2.wikia.com/wiki/Entities#Common_Attributes
As you can see if you add block 3340 it will hide the model and as its linked in klz also the collision.

But i have not tested it yet. And of course it does not help to remove steady collisions..

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #5 by Polanski
Hello! seems more complicated than I thought ... the klz file seems very complex ... I will leave this in suspense for the moment. If you discover something tell me, I see that we want to do the same even if they are different cases.

Thank you!

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)