Research on real missions of special commandos in WW2

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Research on real missions of special commandos in WW2
Here’s my suggestion for the mission plot of Brecourt Manor Assault

As the assault was carried out by paratroopers, you would begin somewhere north from the mission area with some wide spread out spawn points of the first spawn zone. The landscape consists of fields and hedgerows, there might be also some flooded area, but that might be difficult to build.

Many men have lost parts of their equipment during the jump and carry only a Colt, some nades and ammunition for M1 Garand or Thompson but not the rifles. An exception would be the Bren Gun as a replacement for the Browning 1919 MG that cannot be carried in the game.You must gather your team and pick up weapons from dead soldiers of both sides. I guess in this early phase there would be no fighting or only a few enemies doing patrols or so.

The first objective is to assemble at the planned location like in Burgundy1. There could be some houses in the background; this would be the little settlement “Le Grand Chemin”. Ammo crates with the guns might be offered there. Here would be the second spawn zone and here you plan your attack.You must destroy four artillery cannons that fire at Utah Beach which lies a few miles away. The cannons are located in a field surrounded by hedgerows and connected by trenches. There are some MG nests with MG42. In the old manor house of Brecourt nearby there might be more German enemies.

Now you move to the south and start the assault with heavy machine gun fire, cover fire and a flanking attack as shown in the video. You must mainly stay in the trenches when you have reached the first cannon because of the fire from the MG nests.At first you have no dynamite to blow up the cannons. After you have taken the second cannon, there should be some reinforcement coming for you. I dunno if dynamite can be taken from ally bots, so there might be a drop box with it. With the dynamite, destroy the first 2 cannons. Now you must seize the other two cannons and destroy them. Another task is to find a document.

When the 4 cannons are destroyed, you will retreat because of a heavy counter attack. You must now make a meeting with allied troops including Sherman tanks (wait for reinforcements). They will attack the enemy at Brecourt manor after the meeting. The mission might end here or you could also move back to Brecourt manor with them to take out the enemy troops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #8 by snowman
Something like this?

Maybe we can at least try to steal some terrain from other games?

"Straight and narrow is the path."

3 years 6 days ago #9 by snowman
Anyone else interested in this project or just me and Ted?

"Straight and narrow is the path."

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)