Today In History

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #421 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Today In History
Good and interesting one, Funzo.

Casually, i watched again, last night, a video about the actions of Otto Skorzeny's commando unit during the battle of the Bulges, in winter 1944. Well, if we consider these operations cooly and without any ideologic consideations, i think that we must admit, such operations were also, as some famous Allied ones during WW2, quite perfect examples of commandos and special forces job. :mm1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #422 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Today In History
Thanks Nik.
Indeed, I don't like Nazis but I have to admitt that they wrote an important page in the history of military skydiving (see what they did in Crete in 1941).

-VIS ET HONOR-

7 years 7 months ago #423 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Today In History
They made such a big fuss when the Royal Carabinieri didn't even fire one single shot. :D

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #424 by Rs_Funzo
20/09/1870: Capture of Rome
The Bersaglieri advance in Rome: it's the end of Papal States. Unification of Italy is finally completed. The next year (1871) the capital of Italy was moved from Florence to Rome.

-VIS ET HONOR-
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki

7 years 7 months ago #425 by Rs_Funzo
23/09/1943.

On the previous day, September 22nd, some German soldiers were inspecting boxes of abandoned munitions in an old military installation near Rome, when there was an explosion (probably because of inexperience in the handling of explosive devices). A German soldier died, two soldiers were wounded. Germans thought that it was not an accident and they arrested 22 civilians to kill them (Hitler ordered to his troops in Italy to kill 10 Italians for every German killed). The 22 years old vice brigadiere of the Carabinieri Salvo D'Acquisto sacrificed his own life and let the Germans kill him instead of those 22 civilians.
I have no words for a so great man.

-VIS ET HONOR-
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Juanma66, Damni, NL, Maki, jacobston

7 years 7 months ago #426 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Today In History
A true Italian Hero.

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

• spartacus birthday is in 6 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 7 days (39)