Today In History

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #7 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Today In History
Remember Guernica today...

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #8 by Morty

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn, then always be a unicorn.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

11 years 11 months ago #9 by Nikita
20 years ago, at the Furiani Stadium in Corsica, the football business made 18 deaths and more than 2000 wounded persons, among whom some will remain handicaped for life...

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #10 by Nikita

In memory of the fighters and the victims of the nazi barbarity

And also in memory of Associated Press reporter Edward Kennedy (1905 – 1963)

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #11 by Nikita
I always get angry to notice that here, in my country, numerous are the ones who, including on official websites, use the term of armistice about May 8th, 1945. If this term justifies itself for November 11th, 1918, it is completely misplaced for May 8th, 1945 which is and which remains the date of the unconditional surrender of nazi Germany.

Also, and even if i know that it's a mistake in English language, it's by deliberated choice that i never put a capital letter for the word nazi...

I think that it's important, and that's all.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #12 by Nikita
May 11, 1960, Adolf Eichmann is captured by a Mossad commando in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He will be returned back to Israel, judged and executed by hanging at Ramla jailhouse on June 1st, 1962.

"I will leap into my grave laughing because the feeling that I have five million human beings on my conscience is for me a source of extraordinary satisfaction."
Adolf Eichmann

I lost my mother, I lost my father, I lost my sisters, I lost my brothers, I lost aunts, I lost uncles, I lost friends twenty years ago. I survived camps with the shame to have gone out of there and not them. Of my family and my friends, I have nothing except their memories. Eichmann died. So what? Certainly it will not make return my family, it will not either make my friends return, but at least he was judged. That he was hung I'm indifferent. That he died is equal to me. The man and the criminal were judged and condemned. I was in the camp of Bergen-Belsen when this small man, lame, rachitic and restricted in his uniform had inspected the camp. As we had been warned of his visit, we were all outside wanting to see who was this Eichmann who had so much hate against us. I saw him walking proudly, looking up and down at the hungry old men and looking contemptuously at the teenagers with fleshless bodies. This day, I was very far to suspect that I would see this man again less than twenty years later in a courtroom to be judged. From terrible active and passive executioner, he became a simple commonplace citizen to resume the expression of Hannah Arendt. Eichmann died, but that does not mean that the memory of our brothers of persecution has to die. Let us teach to the young people what took place so that there will be no more others Eichmann.
Ivo Goldberg, Knesset deputy

To try - i say try - to understand what can be in the head of such monster, i strongly recommend the Robert Merle book Death is my trade ( Original French title : La mort est mon métier )
Attachments:

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)