Worldwide news

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #37 by Hellcat
Replied by Hellcat on topic Worldwide news

snowman wrote:



Paul Walker died yesterday in a car crash. RIP Paul.

Read more

Not good... RIP Paul, ride in heavens.

Pauzele lungi si dese,
Cheia marilor succese

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #38 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Worldwide news
-- Breaking news --


The UN Security Council says let's go!


In its resolution #2127 , the United Nations Security Council gives mission for an intervention in Central African Republic.

Source: UN official website

"Seriously concerned that the new dynamic of violence and retaliation in the Central African Republic (CAR) could divide the country along religious and ethnic lines and potentially “spiral into an uncontrollable situation,” the United Nations Security Council today authorized an African-led and French-backed peacekeeping force to quell the spiralling violence."


French President Hollande announce an immediate intervention of French troops.

"Considering the urgency, I decided to act immediately, ie tonight, in coordination with Africans and with the support of European partners".

Hollande add "France has no other purpose than to save lives."

The government will provide "all the explanations to the parliament next week," added the head of state.

The French intervention "will be quick," she "was not meant to last and I'm sure about its success (underscored by me Nikita)," he assured.
The Head of State has finally committed to "report regularly to the French people."
[/color]


[/color]

Arf! Mister President, as a commander in chief, you should know that nothing is ever totally sure at war. I'm not at the head of state, i didn't make high schools but, if i remember well:

- Goering was sure to make England bend, and the RAF sent him to shit.
- Montgomery was sure that there were only old soldiers by bicycle in Arnhem, and the II Panzer SS sent him to shit.
- The French head of staff was sure of the efficiency of the Maginot line, and Von Rundstedt, Von Bock and Guderian sent him to shit.
- Hitler was sure to catch Stalingrad in a couple of days, and the Red Army sent him to shit.
- Uncle Sam was sure to beat North Vietnam, and the Vietcong sent him to shit.
- And so many more examples that history shows all around the world...


By the way, Mister President, are you also sure that our soldiers have good shoes on this time? I ask this because the last time, in Mali, our boys were not far to come back home barefoot. You know what, Mister President? Such sweeping assertions as "i'm sure" really makes me doubt about your capacities as commander in chief of the armies of my country and i guess, i'm not sure but i guess, that many officers, nco's and soldiers in the French army, who are never sure to come back home alive, think the same.

I prefer to remember this quote by Bonaparte who, on this one, shows a little bit more humility than you do:

"At war, when you've put 90 % of the chances from your part, you can leave the remaining 10 % at random ".


Please accept, Excellencies, the assurances of etc etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #39 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Worldwide news
Nelson Mandela passed away on Thursday.



RIP, man. One man, one vote. :gj:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morty, snowman, Hellcat, Juanma66, Damni, SamuelColt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #40 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Worldwide news
RIP Madiba

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellcat, Nikita, Juanma66

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #41 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Worldwide news
Breaking news
[/b]
Full translation of the original post by Ouest France here (in French)



An octogenarian was charged with murder and conspiracy to murder in the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane in France in June 1944.

The octogenarian, who was 19 at the time, is accused of having personally killed 25 people and being "complicit in the murder of several hundred" in other abuses by the SS in the small town of Limousin (center of France) during World War II, said the court of Cologne in a statement.

The pensioner was a member of the regiment Der Führer of SS Panzer Division Das Reich that methodically executed 642 civilians in the village of central France on June 10, 1944.


The facts

The villagers were gathered in the market place and the men were separated from women and children. The men were then divided into four groups, which were executed in four different locations.

The accused would then be returned to the church in Oradour-sur-Glane, where several hundred of women and children were gathered and massacred with explosives, grenades, automatic weapons, before the church be burned, the court add.

The accused would be complicit in the killing because he would have "provided a guard near the church" and even transported fuel, the court detailed.


Procedure opened in 2010

It is the Central Office for nazi crimes investigation, located in Dortmund, Germany, that took the decision to charge the octogenarian. Five others are in Office's sights for the same facts.

German court opened in October 2010 a new legal proceedings on the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane. The prosecution had previously indicated that it should be completed in 2014, 70 years after the facts.

In early September, Joachim Gauck was the first German president to visit Oradour-sur-Glane, with French president François Hollande.



Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morty, snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #42 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Worldwide news
Kiev


"Walk through all fear no matter what."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lukasz, Chopper_PL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum

Next birthdays

  • hanskirst birthday is today (23)
  • John [CZ] birthday is in 1 day (27)
  • Rssabrefinn birthday is in 1 day (1)
  • Kot Matro$$kin birthday is in 4 days (23)
 
 
 
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
Ok Decline