Movies & Series

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #115 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Movies & Series

Not sure that you will find it with subtitles, Snow, but if you want to practice, here's the full movie in French ... :D

Speaking about this movie that tells the true story of the soldier Lucien Bersot, here's the link to the French wikipedia that explain the details.
It's only in French but i guess it's easy enough to translate it.

Well, i don't know how is it in other countries who have similar cases in WW1 but all these soldiers, shot for the example, are still an injury in the collective memory in my country, that always have difficulties to put such things on the table in order to make an autocritic. As far as i know, the only official and significant step that was made about it was the speech of Lionel Jospin in Craonne in 1998, that i've spoke about one year ago . The answer of the French President Jacques Chirac, speaking about something "inconvenient", is revealing of the malaise that this dark page of history brings for the politic and military authorities in my country. Indeed, even if, in the case of Lucien Bersot here, the Court of Cassation, French supreme court, recognized the injustice, so opening the door for Lucien Bersot's rehabilitation, there is still no official and global stand recognizing the injustice which was made for all these soldiers shot for the example.

And, a century later, this shadow still glides, every year in November, above war memorials...

Edit: Here's a link that resume the evolution of this topic at the national level.
According to these informations, French President François Hollande should make a decision during his president's term.

Come on, Mister President, have courage, as all these soldiers had. If their names do not still have the right to be engraved on our monuments, their voices reach us from beyond the grave. It's time, Mister President, it's time...

This song, Mutineers of 1917 by Jacques Debronckart, was censored in France as soon as it was released in 1967. It's only in 1998 that it finally becomes possible to ear the original record. Can't believe it, hu, in the Liberty/Equality/Fraternity country...? But this is nevertheless the truth.

Mutineers of one thousand nine hundred seventeen

You are not in War memorials
You are not even any more in memories
As your companions of Black Sea:
You died and twice died
To your children we never repeat
How finishes their grandpa:
There are things about which we do not speak,

On your back, Joffre and Nivelle
Made a career in general staffs,
Their humor decided on your fate:
Today who remembers it ?
Instead of being bored in garrison,
Instead of stamping in the same rank,
It was the blessed time of the quarrel,
What a beautiful opportunity

You had made so many useless assaults,
Just to intensify the communiqué,
You felt so much deceived,
So much taken for imbecile,
That you wanted that that stops,
This slaughterhouse held by the homeland,
This national delicatessen,

Before the attack arrived coffins
And you cut your bread on their boards,
Just if the crepe in your sleeve
Announced your own mourning.
Unfortunately, France was not ready,
To rebel seemed enormous to her,
She was still drooling in front of the uniform,

History threw you in its sewers,
Hiding under the streams of her Marseillaise
That one half of the French army
Was burning to make as same as you.
One day, will you take out dungeon?
One day shall we see winning your cause?
I doubt about it, seeing how things are going
Mutineers of one thousand nine hundred seventeen,

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #116 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Movies & Series
I found the movie doubled in russian, but you can still hear the french language when
the russian speaker stops :lol:

"Straight and narrow is the path."

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #117 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic Movies & Series

My favourite film ;)

Attachments:

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #118 by Nikita

This is also a good movie, Serkses. In French, it's called "La chute" (The fall) and the French movie poster include this monstruous quote by Hitler:

"Si la guerre est perdue, peu m'importe que le peuple périsse. Ne comptez pas sur moi pour verser une seule larme. Il ne mérite pas mieux."

(If the war is lost, it does not matter to me that the people die. Don't count on me to pour a single tear. He does not deserve better.)

Edit: And when i think that the last defenders of Hitler's bunker in Berlin were the French of the 33rd Waffen SS division Charlemagne ... :devil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serkses

10 years 6 months ago #119 by Hellcat
Replied by Hellcat on topic Movies & Series
Der Untergang? I like that movie. I really like that they're speaking in german language which it should be

Pauzele lungi si dese,
Cheia marilor succese

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #120 by Nikita
On my screen tonight...

John Frankenheimer - The train - 1964

In July, 1944, in front of the advance of the Allies on Paris, the nazis decide to evacuate the inestimable masterpieces of the Parisian museums to transfer them in Germany. A person in charge of museums warns the local Resistance to try to oppose to this plunder. Labiche, leader of a group of resistant railroad employees, does not agree very much with this affair and wonders why to risk the life of his men to save paintings. Nevertheless, in front of the exactions of the occupier and after the execution of an old railroad employee of his sector, he decides to implement everything so that the railroad convoy transporting paintings does not reach destination. The final scene of the movie will answer the question to know why he and his men did make it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66

No upcoming Birthdays