What happened to TLC?

8 years 8 months ago #1 by Kure
What happened to TLC? was created by Kure
I made a decision to make a new post about:

I remember more than year ago, when I was a greenhorn in RPR community, when I first played TLC -
Snowman was leader of squad and he had 15 minutes briefing about tactic, I had no time I was really in hurry but that person was still talking about anything, I understood every 3rd word he said :lol: . Now I miss it. TLCs today are with less people and we play without any tactic - we dont think what will happen in the future at the map. We just go and act on things that happens during the play. I really miss the times, when every movement was thinked out forward, nobody did anything what wasnt in plan, we were just like the real SAS proffesionals. And we finished the maps with minimal sacrifice. Now the TLCs are a littlebit boring for me.

I think it´s because players (me too) lost power to really lead the team and have a responsibility about the decisions he made. And ofcourse it´s in people, year ago there was 10 people on Event server, now we are lucky when we are 3. If you want we could write on our servers something like "Speak english? Play as a team? - join us on TLC" "For TLC rules visit rprclan.com" and we can find more people. And people who will disobey rules can be banned on team speak, but we could try to find more people. With more people we can make more than only one team, I remember when we were split to Alpha, Beta and Charlie team and we were addicted on each other. What do you think ? :cookie:

The world can kick you when you’re down
And it shows no mercy
It makes them smile to see you frown
But just wait and they will see
This would kill the weaker man
But it’s been keeping me alive
Through all the negativity
Somehow I know I will survive
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feldmarshal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #2 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What happened to TLC?
Well Kure I understand what you are saying but this is my personal opinion:
Yes it can be nice to play TLC with a larger group but there are some drawbacks:
-too much chatter on TS because many players don't have the discipline to shut up and only say mission related info
-very long mission setup times because everybody needs to know his role (even if you just brief group leaders)
-constant interruptions of players leaving (disconnected) and joining (or just being late for the session), making it necessary to do the briefing over and over
-players not sticking to class or not knowing their role
-players getting bored and screwing around with talking, music, shooting and so on.
-it would take many (disrupted) sessions to filter out good and bad TLC players and you would probably still end up with a small group and lose good players in the process because they get frustrated about waiting all the time.

Putting even more text in the servermanager is not a good idea I think. But we could maybe (after the summer) do a one week period of advertising a TLC session and dedicate the servermanager text to it and see how many react to it. If we also make a good link on the frontpage with rules, the download for the classes and explantion about TS we can maybe get a good session going and maybe generate some interest.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Feldmarshal, Kure

8 years 8 months ago #3 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What happened to TLC?
I agree with Jo :D

I haven't played a TLC since I was involved in this work at home and that's more than 3 months.
I don't know why you guys haven't played with eachother while I was away. Some of those players
from last years are gone, not interested or need a lot of motivation to do so.

What we played until now was just using some classes. We can start paying again tonight if some
still have the motivation to play one map in 2 hours. I'm up to it, even if I have to mute my microphone
after my 10 PM.

The rules are still there, some players are missing, but we can start it again. First lets decide about
the configuration and style of our play. We need to contact our friends from Team Madau who are still
playing Vietcong.

Having some really good sessions with more people recording and making a trailer video can help a bit.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feldmarshal, Kure

8 years 8 months ago #4 by Kure
Replied by Kure on topic What happened to TLC?
I understand and agree everything you said guys (y). It will be really difficult, not easy way. The question is - Do we have taste to try it?

And it shows no mercy

8 years 8 months ago #5 by Feldmarshal
Replied by Feldmarshal on topic What happened to TLC?
I agree.
I could even lead, but I can't - you ask why - because my english still suck and this is problem with it. I still learning english alone at home, but this isn't level when I can lead. :/

I would like to play TLC in old style, but like wrote Kure, we need more players. Anyone know what with JohnyD, Confused Master and other players who played with us? Maybe we should move TLC on hour 6-7pm, gain two-three extra hours for TLC and maybe more players can play earlier.

And what with tonight playing? Who can be? We need at least four players for playing TLC and ofcourse leader. It's possible playing tonight real TLC? :undecided:

You will not grow if you are not willing to change yourself

8 years 8 months ago #6 by Kure
Replied by Kure on topic What happened to TLC?
I should be here. I really need to ventilate my stress :rambo:

And it shows no mercy

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)