2020 Occupation Locations Searching Event - Nov 21 - 28th (OCC, NO GUN, WIP)

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1 by DanJ
Hello guys,

first of all, Snowman, thanks for creating this: Guidelines for Planning future H&D2 Events

https://www.rprclan.com/forum/event-discussion/3083-event-organization-guidelines

I think it's very helpful. In a moment when I read that I Immediately got some ideas to making some stuff.

So, I would like to prepare some more events/challenges, or whatever how it could be named :D

For this new event, (name & informations will be added later) where objective will be simply a reaching specific area/location from 1 to 7 and thats all.
If anyone getting to a certain place of any of 1 to 7 locations then getting to there means wins (specific amount of money).
I would like with this, supporting RpR Clan as such and for that if player will complete the task he will received specific amount of money,
and if the player is from RpR clan members. I will give a 100 euro via donations to: https://www.rprclan.com/clan/donations (per player who reach that)

I would also need some help with organization from you aka creating a server, helping with preview image of event and many others.

Right now i am uploading videos of areas on youtube for completing rules of event.

What it will be all about:

File Attachment:

Here is archive of 7 pics.I maded/found for making an preview photo
of this event.

Preview Photos Download Here.

but i am big noob at photoshop if someone would please try and make from it an actual preview of the event, that would be awesome.
Something similar to https://www.rprclan.com/forum/clan-news/3064-2020-otto-justice-memorial#24391 but with in game scenery (via pics in archive)
(Event should start at 14. Saturday, 19:00 utc) Still not have a name. Tips are welcome.

More details will follow.

Sorry I canot finish this in this dark mode website figuration, I have it very buggy, everything is ultra white with black bars.

Snowman, please fix it to normal or do something :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, WANGER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Event (NO SHOOTING, OCC; WORK IN PROGRESS)
Thank you, Dan. You are the first and this is a really cool idea.

I will let the guys volunteer to help with artwork, getting the server ready and tweaked out so that it works out great.

I am guessing this is a private event. I still have some questions:

1. Money prize events: we really don't to not create any kind of problems between players, but if you would like, as the event organizer, to sponsor the event, we would be mighty happy.

2. Date and time. Looks good, but for it to be successful and fun, we need to first prepare everything and then have at least 1 week for everyone to get informed and ready. I think it would be best to decide the date when we are set to go. Just my two cents :)

I can give you my example with Otto and Justice Memorial. I wanted to host it quickly in September, the month Otto passed 5 years ago, but I took some time, asked for help and when everything was ready and official, I did let 2 weeks for our friends to get informed. I've also sent invitations and I won't have time to do this with every event, only next year with the next Memorial.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #3 by snowman

DanJ wrote: For this new event, (name & informations will be added later) where objective will be simply a reaching specific area/location from 1 to 7 and thats all.
If anyone getting to a certain place of any of 1 to 7 locations then getting to there means wins (specific amount of money).

So this means there will be 7 locations. Each player gets one chance to get there, on each location. The player with most successful completed locations, wins. What happens if it's a draw, same number of completed locations? Maybe add time as a variable?

Anyone remember this one @ 2m 18s? :rofl: Maybe people need some time for training :D

The following user(s) said Thank You: WANGER, DanJ

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #4 by DanJ
I would do it as publicly as possible, but I am welcome to every idea. In my mind if server settings could hold off all weapons then I think all joined players may quickly recognize that the server is somehow for event for those who do not know and with help of others in chat all should be fast known whats going on and server then will be not needed being hold via password
The duration of event should be like a whole week, nonstop, at least thats my plan :D So people can have plenty of time for participate in it even if the event starting like soon.

About rules, I will introduce them later (in the evening, hope so) but for now I sure say, dont worry :) everybody will have a infinity attempts and all 7 days to reach everything, I would say. (everything will be in rules)
Although, I'm not saying that all of the 7 locations will be easily accessible :D but all of them are possible. For this I preparing 7 videos of each locations how to do it. But videos will be privated during event and will be released after a event. You know, for those who could say thats impossible :D

Money are not so problem. I will glad to contribute :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 5 months ago #5 by DanJ
Little sneak peek, video times can say all location can be reachiable around one minute :)

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #6 by snowman
So this is only for one map :) Nice!

The server will require editing mpmaplist.txt, specifically Copy + Pasting the required map/mission lines under the required mission, removing the items and renaming the mission _NoWeapons, then adding that one to the server list. We could do it.

Sounds fun :yipi:

It will be an Objectives event.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DanJ

• 43 birthday is today (57)