new mouse - advice

10 years 3 months ago #7 by NL
Replied by NL on topic new mouse - advice
Meanwhile I ordered the G500S, hope this one will last a little longer...

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #8 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic new mouse - advice
Well, i don't know about the Logitech G500 but i use a Logitech G300 since a lot and it works really fine. The only little thing is about the rubber on left side for the thumb, it becomes to wear out a bit but nothing really serious.

Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago #9 by NL
Nothing a little duct tape can't solve :) I think the entire G series of Logitech are good mice, it's just the buttons wearing out with a lot of use.

Nikita wrote: Well, i don't know about the Logitech G500 but i use a Logitech G300 since a lot and it works really fine. The only little thing is about the rubber on left side for the thumb, it becomes to wear out a bit but nothing really serious.

9 years 2 days ago #10 by NL

NL wrote: Meanwhile I ordered the G500S, hope this one will last a little longer...

Well I am unhappy to tell that my Logitech G500S is already showing some problems after 1 year and 3 months, mouse button 1 sometimes not responding well or spontaneously double clicking. Not sure if it is again the pillar construction or maybe this time the micro switch. Since I still have my old G500 I can maybe put the electronics from that one to the housing of the S...very disappointing for a mouse in this price range and will be the last time I buy a Logitech mouse...

9 years 2 days ago #11 by NL
Turns out I still have warranty on this mouse until end of the year so I guess I will return it. I am just worried I will not have a good mouse for a while and that they will return it to me saying "there is no problem" because it doesn't always click wrong, problems are only starting just the last days. So maybe I will wait a bit longer to let the problems increase before I return it.

9 years 2 days ago #12 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic new mouse - advice
Well, meanwhile my G300 is still working, with less and less rubber on the sides but it works.

Seems that new products have always the same problems, and maybe ( maybe, really ? ) the same reasons : Race for the cost, no time for really studying the product in the engineering offices, low cost manufacturing with more than doubtful quality control, we gripe about the quality of materials and, finally, we invented planned obsolescence. It's called progress.

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)