H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #37 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things

Puma was meant to be usable vehicle in "Business" mission. Rather useless at the point we would be able to occupy it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #38 by Stompinidus
Replied by Stompinidus on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things
http://www.hiddenanddangerous.eu/alpha

That is my collection of all the alpha screenshots I could find. If there are some missing I'd love to have those aswel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 1 month ago #39 by mapi95_7

Stern wrote: Sad is that video quality is so low and it shakes quite a bit, cannot really see the programs in detail they use...:(

Did you know theres some residue of something... some built in dialogs in HD2SS exe and LS3DF.dll.

Any resource program can view this.

//

HD2 Demo has Demo.dta file
How to extract it ?
dta_unpacker_2012 doesnt have this in the list and if this file is renamed to known DTA files then the un-packer crash.

Have you tried brute-forcing the password? Because I assume it's been put by developers? Wondering how would it take to crack the pass, considering that it's been 20+ years ago so I doubt they would put long-ass, multi character password?

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #40 by Stern
No, because i dont know how to make those dialog boxes appear in executed file.

I think password cracking should be done in executed file by memory debugging program to see how password is compared to reference and making it false TRUE to bypass password check.

Screenshot is made from some program like ResEdit / CodeReflect / ResourceHacker / CFF Explorer...all they can do is display stuff inside exe / dll file.
Some of them allow to import / export RC data and edit some values.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winters

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #41 by Illusion_Insanity
Replied by Illusion_Insanity on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things
Hi everyone! A very interesting topic, little is known about the development of H&D2. Game was planned quite differently (there was a main character named Gary Bristol who was hunting a German officer and and there was a more cinematic storyline and cutscenes like Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. ). The game originally had different lead designer named Tomas Pluharik. Due to disagreements, he left the Illusion Softworks in the fall of 2001. I managed to find his old interviews for gaming magazines and screenshot of synopsis from the official website for 2001. There is also an archive with old screenshots, maybe someone will need it ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PumOnBz-l5FNNSV6LsC5RgwO9AKCB74y/view?usp=sharing

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Winters, WANGER, Stompinidus, mapi95_7

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #42 by mapi95_7

Illusion_Insanity wrote: Hi everyone! A very interesting topic, little is known about the development of H&D2. Game was planned quite differently (there was a main character named Gary Bristol who was hunting a German officer and and there was a more cinematic storyline and cutscenes like Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. ). The game originally had different lead designer named Tomas Pluharik. Due to disagreements, he left the Illusion Softworks in the fall of 2001. I managed to find his old interviews for gaming magazines and screenshot of synopsis from the official website for 2001. There is also an archive with old screenshots, maybe someone will need it ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PumOnBz-l5FNNSV6LsC5RgwO9AKCB74y/view?usp=sharing

Shame they've cut missions in London and Germany, unless they count training mission as "combat taking place in London" lmao. Also, KGB and SAS? That would either mean that the campaign took the place after II World War aswell (just like in H&D Greece campaign) or they've made a mistake and meant NKVD since KGB was formed in 1954.

As for the main story and involving single character named Gary. No wonders they cut this idea. They wanted to stick to H&D core, allowing us to switch between team members rather than focusing on a single one. As for mysterious "C", that might be the narrator who briefs us in cutscenes before every mission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winters, Illusion_Insanity

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)