Modding player animations

3 years 1 month ago #1 by mapi95_7
Modding player animations was created by mapi95_7
Is there any way to switch player animations with those performed by enemies?

What I mean is e.g holding weapons. Enemies seem to hold the weapon a little bit lower and tighter to their body compared to our characters. And besides, enemies can shoot lmg's (ZB26, etc.) when standing or crouching, whereas we can only shoot when being prone.

Has anyone ever tried doing this? Is that possible? If it is, what are the tools i could use to modify animations (or just swap them in that case so they would be common for enemies and playable characters)?

Cheers and regards! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic Modding player animations
I don't want to make duplicate thread thus I'll post here

As for ability to shoot Bren/ZB while standing or crouching

I've found interesting thread in here

https://hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=948&sid=9fc91c25c0653d31a7febe2247f2283c

Same question, asked 13 years ago! WHat's more interesting, there is a person who actually did it (including shooting BAR from shoulder rather than a hip, just like in H&D: Fight For Freedom), however he never published it.

Does anyone, by any chance has similar mod? Or is there any way how to do it? I don't think you'd have to do it from scratch since NPC's can shoot those light machine guns when crouching or standing so I guess it's something about setting and matching player attributes with NPC's, but whether it's do-able with some hex-editor, editing executable file or certain .dat file - nothing that I am aware of.

It'd be a nice addon, and would add some sort of a realism to it because it's stupid that you are forced to prone in order to be able to shoot the gun. You could even make a huge recoil but let the man shoot those whenever and however he wants ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WANGER, p.jakub88

3 years 1 month ago #3 by Max.
Replied by Max. on topic Modding player animations
Well, as i know ability wich makes you shooting from ZB, Bren by standing or sitting is considered a cheat. I know mods wich gives you this ability and more (reload springfield and G43 with not empty magazine). But first, it is a cheat and punished in multiplayer game by admins on =RpR= servers, and second is i only remember existing of this mods (more known as TABLES) and nothing more, so cant give you link. In Singleplayer this TABLES would be usefull, but in multiplayer other players will decide that youre a simple cheater, and nothing else...

3 years 1 month ago #4 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic Modding player animations

Max. wrote: Well, as i know ability wich makes you shooting from ZB, Bren by standing or sitting is considered a cheat. I know mods wich gives you this ability and more (reload springfield and G43 with not empty magazine). But first, it is a cheat and punished in multiplayer game by admins on =RpR= servers, and second is i only remember existing of this mods (more known as TABLES) and nothing more, so cant give you link. In Singleplayer this TABLES would be usefull, but in multiplayer other players will decide that youre a simple cheater, and nothing else...

I see, but since I don't play multiplayer (there are no available server in the browser) anyways, I've been looking for that mod just for the sake of singleplayer gameplay. Nothing else.

By tables you mean modding an executable file and hex values or .ini/.dat file?

3 years 1 month ago #5 by Max.
Replied by Max. on topic Modding player animations
Yep, HumanStore.def and items.dat. Find me in Discord (RpR server channel; Nick - Max Finsky) maybe i can tell you more about it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mapi95_7

3 years 1 month ago #6 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Modding player animations

mapi95_7 wrote: I see, but since I don't play multiplayer (there are no available server in the browser)

Please check this Play Online article :nod:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mapi95_7

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)