Modding player animations

3 years 1 month ago #13 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Modding player animations

snowman wrote: ...Only Prosabre has answered that the animation could be changed by scripts :confused:

This cannot apply for Player.
Animations are selected for Enemy/Ally
HUMAN_SetAnim("%%nuda", 1000, 1000, 1);

As I understand the topic is about ability to make some animation different from original, but for this to make effect, the actual animation itself must be modded to make it act different.

Make some weapon shoot from different position is not animation at all, this should be a special property for a weapon.
I seen enemy shoot weapon even if weapon is on the back (i think its possible with Very Hard difficulty)

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: WANGER, mapi95_7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #14 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic Modding player animations

Stern wrote:

snowman wrote: ...Only Prosabre has answered that the animation could be changed by scripts :confused:

This cannot apply for Player.
Animations are selected for Enemy/Ally
HUMAN_SetAnim("%%nuda", 1000, 1000, 1);

As I understand the topic is about ability to make some animation different from original, but for this to make effect, the actual animation itself must be modded to make it act different.

Make some weapon shoot from different position is not animation at all, this should be a special property for a weapon.
I seen enemy shoot weapon even if weapon is on the back (i think its possible with Very Hard difficulty)

So it's not about switching animations in HUMAN_SetAnim expression? I suppose integers have nothing to do with animation itself and it's type, it's related to the loop period (1000ms/1s)? Damn, I was hoping that it's as simple as just replacing animations which are used by NPCs and applying them to HUMAN. because they already exist in the game itself and it'd be about applying them to human characters (as specified in two screenshots on the 2nd page).

As for shooting Bren/ZB while standing/crouching, I assume it's the matter of weapon parametres, not animations? Perhaps they have special parameter which is responsible for which state can player be in (crouch/prone/stance) in order to be able to shoot it?

EDIT: I'm still trying to understand what is the issue though Stern? Why you can modify/switch animations for allies/enemies (NPCs) but it won't work for our players?

3 years 1 month ago #15 by WANGER
Replied by WANGER on topic Modding player animations
Hm so i had sucsses sometime ago replace death animations the scripted one with one that unused by rename them to the one i want replace so in theory : there probebly the animations of holding guns as every animation only need find it and repeat what i did try at least they all located in models after unpacking of course only that the way i did it before didnt work for me now i might try it again sometime hm.

3 years 1 month ago #16 by mapi95_7

WANGER wrote: Hm so i had sucsses sometime ago replace death animations the scripted one with one that unused by rename them to the one i want replace so in theory : there probebly the animations of holding guns as every animation only need find it and repeat what i did try at least they all located in models after unpacking of course only that the way i did it before didnt work for me now i might try it again sometime hm.

Death animations might have additional parameter, or might be included in different game parameter. You've helped me out in my other topic where I asked how to turn ragdoll off. As it turned out, there is a built in-game option called "Dynamics" which, when turned off, turns on prerendered death animations (no ragdoll) so I guess they have special attribute and they are set to 1 when Dynamics are checked. Otherwise, game switches death anims to those prescripted.

Animations for holding weapons are a bit different story as it seems. You need to dig in game files and make changes, as those anims I ask about are already in game, they are just used by NPCs (doesn't matter if it's enemy, ally or civilian, they all hold weapons in the same manner (example listed on previous page, but below is another one showcasing how enemy holds weapon when crouched)

Unfrotunately, Stern said that you can't switch it for us(HUMAN type) which is worrying me, a lot. I know it's small detail, but I'd like to switch those anims. Eventually, which tools should I use for H&D2 files digging to try and do it on my own??

3 years 1 month ago #17 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Modding player animations
Yes because there no script commands to apply animations to Player, all anims are meant to be used for Enemy / Ally.
Player script exist in Singleplayer, maybe if you dedicate script to player and set some anims with script to player...i cannot predict if that will work.
HUMAN_WeaponUp(1);
HUMAN_WeaponUp(0);
HUMAN_WeaponOnArm(1);
HUMAN_WeaponOnArm(0);

Dont know any other weapon related script commands to set weapon position.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: mapi95_7

3 years 1 month ago #18 by mapi95_7

Stern wrote: Yes because there no script commands to apply animations to Player, all anims are meant to be used for Enemy / Ally.
Player script exist in Singleplayer, maybe if you dedicate script to player and set some anims with script to player...i cannot predict if that will work.

HUMAN_WeaponUp(1);
HUMAN_WeaponUp(0);
HUMAN_WeaponOnArm(1);
HUMAN_WeaponOnArm(0);

Dont know any other weapon related script commands to set weapon position.

Thank you

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)