Mod Manager

2 years 11 months ago #19 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Mod Manager

And add Buttons:
Yes To All
No To All

What do you mean exactly, which section are you referring to?

When the mod you're trying to install has a ton of files that ask to be overwritten, the alert box is for each instance individually. Stern asks if it's possible to add "Yes All" button in that alert box, instead of having to click the "Yes" button each time there is a file conflict. Also I noticed, in my case, it doesn't say what file you're overwriting, just the alert that there is a file that already exists with the same name... but this is not so important.

Also, speaking of maplists... how does the Metox Mod Manager know it's a coop mission or occupation? I imagine this too has to be included within the mission's maplist for the manager to be able to parse and know where to include the lines.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #20 by MeToX
Replied by MeToX on topic Mod Manager

When the mod you're trying to install has a ton of files that ask to be overwritten, the alert box is for each instance individually. Stern asks if it's possible to add "Yes All" button in that alert box, instead of having to click the "Yes" button each time there is a file conflict. Also I noticed, in my case, it doesn't say what file you're overwriting, just the alert that there is a file that already exists with the same name... but this is not so important.

Okay, this must be a bug then because this is not suppose to happen. It should only ask you once for each mod it colllides with, so it would only ask you 300 times if the mods correspond with 300 different mods.
So what should happen is that, if you either press "Yes" or "No". it will use this decision for every file, as long as its associated with the same mod. Since this is apparently not working correctly I must look into it.

Also, speaking of maplists... how does the Metox Mod Manager know it's a coop mission or occupation? I imagine this too has to be included within the mission's maplist for the manager to be able to parse and know where to include the lines.

As I tried to explain earlier, the mpmaplist inside the mod archive must be prepared in a way that the game could also read it if its just this single map, so it needs ALL the tags like MAP, GAMESTYLE etc.

For example: you have a mod which is actually a playable map. lets call it TestMap. Then its mpmaplist.txt must look like this:

<MAP_LIST>
    <GAMESTYLE  type="cooperative">
        <MAP  name="TestMap"  dir="TestMap">
 ... item information... ammo etc. ...
        </MAP>
    </GAMESTYLE>
</MAP_LIST>

Now the gamestyle is important, otherwise the ModManager could not know where to insert it.
But what I can do is make it so that it can ignore the MAP list tags
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 11 months ago #21 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Mod Manager
Thanks for clarifying everything perfectly MAP LIST tag should be included, in my opinion...

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: MeToX

2 years 11 months ago #22 by MeToX
Alright, I looked into the issue with the multiple warnings when overwriting the same mod files and I noticed some very severe issues which can even cause crashes... I need a while to make this proper. There is something funky going on when it can not identify the mod and also when changing the identifiy of the file (if they are going to be owned by another mod).
This is currently my top prioty because this is something which should 100% and reliable work.
Same for the mpmaplist inserter, which is number 2 on my list, but atleast this can be turned off while its developing progress.

Number three is making it more linux friendly.

Thank you everyone for testing and give me the feedback I need. It's going to take some time but it's going to be good.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #23 by MeToX
Alright, the mod collision bug should be fixed now. Atleast it did not happen when I tested it in different circumstances.
Version 0.84 can be downloaded here

The mpmaplist inserter feature should be also more robust now, since game styles and map names are not case sensitive anymore.
However, I think there is still a missunderstanding going on how this works, so I want to explain it once again:

Ensure the following steps:
- ModManager is in the same directory where H&D2 is installed (where it has to put the mod files)
- mpmaplist.txt is in your main directory of H&D2, make a backup from it because this feature is still experimental
- activate the feature in the dropdown menu under "File"
- the mod you want to activate needs another mpmaplist.txt, it is the exact same file name, but this one is not in your H&D2 directory, it is in the .zip archive, where the mod files are inside, it has to be in the first level to be detected. THIS mpmaplist ONLY contains the maps which are in relation to the mod (if it includes maps or if it is a map)

If this is good, it is important that both mpmaplist.txt are in the correct format. A rule over the thumb is: If the game can read it, the ModManager can do so as well. However, with the last update its a bit less strict. For example you can ignore the <MAP LIST> tags, but you can also include them, it works either way. Just like the original mpmaplist all HTML tags need capital letters, but the map names and the game styles can be whatever. Now "DeaThMatch" is the same as "deathmatch" or "DEATHMATCH". The ModManager should be able to detect the correct gamestyle by the information it received from the mpmaplist in the mod.zip.

Changes:
  • if you try to activate a mod with files that collides to files from another mod, it should now only ask you once and process your decision for the next files, until it collides with another mod
  • there was a chance that the program would crash if you try to activate a mod which has files which already existed, but had no relation to any activated mod known, this should not happen anymore
  • the mpmaplist inserter feature was changed in a way that the game styles and map_dirs are not case-sensitive anymore
  • if you try to activate a mod which has a mpmaplist, the maplist to be inserted does not need the <MAP_LIST> tag anymore
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, culticaxe

2 years 11 months ago #24 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Mod Manager
What if the Gamestyle is written as
Ga me S tyl e
Will it read it?

I would make this that program makes temporary input line that has no spaces and has no tabs and also converst all characters to lower case (or upper case)
And after that it could make flawless search for keywords !

And why file name restriction ?
Cant it just search all txt files inside ZIP ?

Quick search on google revealed that c++ has some RAR librarys, i dont know if they are any good...
Some mods come as RAR and if user will un-pack it then its easy to just paste them to game folder other than re-pack them to ZIP to be used for ModManager.

And add automatic backup for mpmaplist.txt.
Because If this program is meant to make something automatic then why user must do some steps manually ? 
(Backup should be one time backup,, next time no backup because it might overwrite backup with messed up file)

The one who hesitates is lost !

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)