It didn't crash anything, except that the server manager stopped reading the mpmaplist file. This after I launched the program as Admin. There are over 200 missions there and it says it found only one... maybe the one the Mod Manager installed (didn't see it installed in mpmaplist.txt)
Plus it looked like the bug I mentioned in the source code thread. Nothing showed up anymore. I've restored an old backup of the game folder and everything works fine now
Oh haha, alright. I was quiet shocked for a second. This happened on windows server 2000 correct?
I will have a closer look at the mpmaplist algorithm. Could you send me the mpmaplist in discord? I want to track down this error asap.
Thank you Stern for your suggestion.
When I started to implement this feature I was considering using a 3rd party library/SDK for that, but those have usually a lot of other functions I would not need in this application, so I decided to program my own solution.
In my tests it worked also quiet well, even if you would try to merge more than one map into a huge mpmaplist, but there also some mechanics which prevents the user from merging in a map which was already found in the mpmaplist, so maybe it has something to do with that, but I will have a look.
Feel free to keep me updated about other bugs, I would like to push the final release as quick as possible. I think it is a nice tool for people to organize their mods.
Test it again. The setting that modifies the maplist doesn't work very well Some missions from the maplist were removed and for some reason the logs say there's only mission in the maplist. I don't understand