CooLorNoT? :D

2 years 2 months ago #235 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic CooLorNoT? :D

Attachment cherbourg.jpg not found

February 12, 2022 - Cherbourg harbour

Credit: Gérard Mauger, vice-president of the Cotentin cetacean study group.

Of course, shot made without faking. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #236 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic CooLorNoT? :D
My childhood memories

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #237 by Nikita

D'you play chess Snow ?

My favourite historical game remains that one played in 1858 at the Opera House of Paris by the shooting star Paul Morphy against Duke of Brunswick who was assisted by Comte Isouard de Vauvenargues, game that entered history under the name of Opera Game .

Philidor Defence. What a demonstration  

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66

2 years 2 months ago #238 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic CooLorNoT? :D
Yes, I did play chess several hours a day until about 2004... when it became more computer games

I have never played online. Mostly against other friends and chess players in my neighborhood. I was that good, but one of my dear friends was the national chess champion in our generation. We were equal in skill, but he was smarter than me. It's always entertaining when you basically lose and win the same amount of rounds. Once I stopped playing on a regular basis he was far better than me. I remember a time when the IT engineer at my high school played against my dad and another neighbor. He was winning against them every time and I asked him if he wants to play a game with me. He said "No!". After several occasions I kept insisting until he did and we ended in a draw. I asked him for a rematch and he was pissed off :rofl:

My dad won a game of chess with only two moves... against some fellow worker :D

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

2 years 2 months ago #239 by Nikita

My dad won a game of chess with only two moves... against some fellow worker :D

Yeah, the classic Fool's mate ... Honestly, this can work only facing a real noob, ( or perhaps a drunk champion too ... ) 

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #240 by Nikita
For me, i learned the chess game on my own, around the age of 18, by reading books. My first book was Camil Seneca's, simply titled "Chess."
I remember it as a very good didactic book.

Attachment 41D91MK1AZL._SX288_BO1204203200_.jpg not found

Later, i wanted to go deeper by studying the Sicilian and East Indian defenses in particular, always alone with these two reference books.

Attachment 51YRPDkJLuL._SX334_BO1204203200_.jpg not found

Attachment metadata-image-37092173.jpeg not found

At the time, I didn't have anyone around me who played, so I tried to go to the Lorient chess club, but i was quickly disgusted by the spirit there, too many pretentious people  in my opinion. And then, time passed... Today, i still have the game that my grandmother offered me for my 20th birthday, a very nice game made in Spain, but i still have no one to play with me, and anyway it's been so long since i've practiced that i doubt i can do well against a player who is even a little competent...  
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)