TACO

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #19 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic In-game camera position display.
Yes, it can mean that.
But when theres a script, a script supervisor is also needed.
usually a short lady with huge pile of papers in her hand.

This also means that for the one who makes modifications, its easy to go and check quickly how mission is acting.
And this also means that its easy for admin or just a mission supervisor to move along with players.

Bad side of it is that your character would turn along with mouse movement.
Maybe theres a way to disable that.
I'll have a look sometime.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #20 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic In-game camera position display.
Many thanks, sir :celebrate:

I can confirm TACO is working on Linux(Arch) and almost hit the (0, 0, 0) position you mentioned on Libya 1. I wish I could've tested each of your program's functions, but my lack of experience and time, that is not very possible at the moment. Only happy to test if for you so far.

This is how I use it:

Note for Linux users: you can launch H&D2 directly from Stern's TACO program, but you have to specify the path shown in the image above like you would do on a Windows system with (C:\Program Files\Illussion Softw...etc) or where you have your game installed. It doesn't work with the absolute unix path.

This program has helped me fix an ALT + TAB issue I had with H&D2 ONLY in Full Screen when not emulating a virtual Desktop using winecfg. There is only one problem... if you alt + tab too many times, when you want to type message inside game chat/ console, no input from keyboard is given. It's just the typing text, the keyboard works otherwise. Anyway, you don't need to type in-game, the purpose of this program is for making missions :)

Stern, with your permission I would like to link to your tool from our home page since this is a must have program for H&D2 engineers. This would work very well along side Flash's Lutsip editor. We can only hope our engineers see its potential :prize:

Guys, please check the features and updates starting from the first post on this thread. Maybe someone can make a little video tutorial able to show this tool's features. Stern, you can do it if it's possible.

Warning: Spoiler!

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #21 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic In-game camera position display.
It should be cross-platform by default (personally i have not done anything to make it work on Linux)

What you mean by "unix path"
I could make a note to Readme for Linux users to set it up.

Some modding features might be obsolete compared to new editor (whitch didnt exist when i was developing this tool)

But this program has a unique feature of displaying players in-game X,Y,Z coordinates.
And also ability to control in-game camera (camera is the view that you see in game).
Its quite useful for modifications work to quickly move to see various places in game without need to go there yourself.
And with some effort you can even teleport yourself to camera position.

Yes you can add this to download, maybe its good to edit topics first post and add dwnload link there.

Its ready and usable as it is now.
but I will make the program window start at the position where it was closed,
(now it starts at center of screen every time)

And save function for camera positions, then it can load pre--saved position and "look" angle.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 4 months ago #22 by snowman
I mean in Linux you can give the absolute path to the file /home/$user/.wine/drive_c/Progr... etc. This didn't work to start the game with your program, so I tried the classic C:\Program Files\... as you mentioned in Readme.txt and it worked!

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #23 by Dayron
Replied by Dayron on topic In-game camera position display.
So I opened the game in a window and now I don't know what to do.

3 years 4 months ago #24 by snowman
Everything works perfectly, Stern! Fantastic, titanic work all by yourself! Congratulations! :yipi:

Only need to test player position Saving and Loading functions... but it's 1AM here :again:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stern

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)