TACO

3 years 4 months ago #43 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic In-game camera position display.
Thank you so much, Stern! :heart:

Your last efforts did improve the way I can move around, and YES, you are right, what I'm asking is not for modding purposes, but you can move faster unless you're already used to N/S/E/W positions. It would've been perfect to have a compass :D With Shift + X, you don't need a compass.

I did find out something last night. I mentioned the axis gets stuck when other players are on the server. I didn't mention that I was always in a trench when testing that so...

Notice to everyone using this program! If the movement of your character is blocked by object/trench or you can't turn around, the camera also has this restriction to a certain axis. Make sure you are not in the trenches :D

Your latest update works perfectly. If time permits, I'll try to investigate why the locations.ini doesn't get updated.

I also have to fix some Linux related issues because when the game crashes and TACO.exe remains suspended, the process doesn't get terminated and the program doesn't work correctly when restarted or it doesn't start at all. I think this is something I must fix soon.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #44 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic In-game camera position display.
Hope its ok now...almost.
I cannot test Linux related stuff :gj:

Memo text get saved ?
Just write something there and close program, it must have automatic save at close and automatic load at next start.

Stand position is best for camera functions to avoid getting stuck to objects or walls.
I cannot turn this off because mouse movement will move character and camera will track that, so if character cannot move then camera wont move.
S-N / W-E are not so practical use, only for straight line move.
But at first i didnt find any adresses that store mouse direction value.
And it needed some math (sin / cos to calculate Angle to X, Y)

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic In-game camera position display.
Final report from me and no more requests :lol:

Tested everything on my old HDD with Win7 32bit. Everything works perfect, even the Save/ Load functions.

Memo is working on Linux too. Except the Save /Load functions everything is running perfectly. I only need to manage the processes when the Wine application that manages H&D2 + TACO has some bugs and something crashes. Need to terminate the running process so the tool works properly.

I know it was not designed for this, but here's also a little tribute to you, Stern, and Ted Striker. I finally had time to test your Libya 3 Single Player and Africa 6 maps, plus Matro's Christmas version of Arctic 1. I was messing around for 30 minutes and decided to record. Nothing special. Going to attach the video to this post as well for reference and for those who have never tested your tool yet. I hope someone will demonstrate how to best use this tool for modding. Sorry for the video quality. Fps drops when rendering the video... 10 year old PC... it did fine as it is.

Thank you, Stern! :sozzled:

Warning: Spoiler!

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonnySniper, Stern, p.jakub88

3 years 1 month ago #46 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic In-game camera position display.
After the issue Winters had with Camera functions not working I realize that Readme file and tutorial here didnt mention that Camera functions work only if Player has no weapon in hand !! Updated both.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, DanJ

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #47 by DanJ
Replied by DanJ on topic TACO
It works very good, it's only a pity, it couldn't be here 10 years ago.
Now I got only one problem with it, I think it was here mentioned too I would like a possibility to take a shot of your soldier from the face , I didnt figured it out, think it is not possible, only getting a back shots of the character. Literally everything when I tried I saw my soldier only by his back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 3 weeks ago #48 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic TACO
Yes this is because camera follows player, i tested it to disconnect it from horisontal angle but it created visual bugs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, DanJ

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)