What's up at home today...?

7 years 4 months ago #1105 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
That's how the Great Depression started in 1929 in the US. One third of the
banks in the US went bankrupt just because they didn't have cash to pay all
the withdrawals. This is the only time that the Government had to do something:
print more money! They didn't, so 1 of 4 Americans were out of work. This
went on for not a few years. The good old gold standard went down the pipes.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #1106 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic What's up at home today...?
Well, we had all the money in BANKS. But Govt thought that there is too much corruption and bribery in India. So they Demonetized 86% of the currency.

But Govt didn't even print new currency to replace the old Demonetized currency till the last hour. As a result nations woke up one day with only 14% of currency. On top of it, as Govt was in a rush to print new currency. Many newly printed currency notes turned out to be flawed. This created more problems. So people started hoarding remaining currency notes in a panic.

We created at Artificial Bankruptcy - probably first time in human history. But lack of liquidity/cash caused tremendous loss to economy. Entire supply and distribution chain is disrupted. Labors and workers stopped work. Trucks and commercial vehicles stopped operations. People could not buy basic groceries.

You may be wondering why people in India are so dependent on CASH? Why don't they use credit cards? Because 98% of transactions are in cash. 900 Million Indians do not have internet access. Only 1 in 100 people have Credit card. 80% of Villages in India don't even have a Bank or ATM machine. In short - there is no Banking and network Infrastructure. Hence when CASH money was removed, economy came to halt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

7 years 4 months ago #1107 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
Thank you. You would need a government like in Hong Kong. People keep the power and
they delegate it to a smaller government dedicated only to infrastructure and justice. Then
you will be No. 1 world's economy. This would take at least 30 years to implement.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1108 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
Sorry if this is getting boring but I took a somewhat longer drive today and I am totally in love with my car again.
You may have experienced yourself that after a car had major maintenance it always drives smoother again.
I also did a reset of the ECU so it can learn again with the new oil, air-filter and cold winter air what is the best engine management and the engine feels fresh and alive again, pick up is much better.

I even made a GIF from some pics I have of the car during the almost 10 years I had it, once you have an object for a long time and had many good (and bad times) in it you develop a relationship...

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Rs_Funzo, Maki, jacobston, Sasha, snakeplissken

7 years 4 months ago #1109 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic What's up at home today...?
I can't begin to tell you how fucked up India is.

We are number 1 or close to number 1 in.

1. Corruption
2. Social backwardness
3. Religious backwardness and fanaticism
4. Crime against women and minorities
5. Crime against foreign tourists
6. Pollution - Our cities are the most Polluted
7. Hooliganism, Gangs and Mafias

7 years 4 months ago #1110 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

Marcel Gotlib is dead.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is today (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 7 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 8 days (39)