What's up at home today...?

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #127 by Morty
Replied by Morty on topic What's up at home today...?
Yes it was that amount of snow finally as predicted. Probably even more, we have 15-30cm of snow here now.

I made this picure at noon, but the snowfall continued for several hours afterwards.
Many trees still have got their leaves, so the new snow weights much for them, resulting in many broken branches...
Sometimes, the trees are bowing to the ground even...

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn, then always be a unicorn.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #128 by Domi
Replied by Domi on topic What's up at home today...?
Are you prepared for xmas, Martin? Have you bought presents for us already? :-)

And here's a photo I made yesterday. It isn't as tragic snow as at Morty's place, but I needed to send my slaves to clean my car -
:P

11 years 6 months ago #129 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?
For the third time this year, the Departmental Operational Center of Fire and Rescue of Alpes de Haute-Provence (CODIS 04) is mourning. Two Firemen died in action yesterday, during the operation against a house fire. According to preliminary information, a backdraft effect is the cause of the tragedy. The occupant of the house, who had given the alert, is safe.

Once again, these men, soldiers of fire whose profession is still not recognized as a risky job by the authorities of my country, are true to their motto: Save or Perish ... and sometimes both...

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #130 by Nikita
The tide surprised a motorist, on Saturday at the end of the day, at the level of the passage which connects the Callot island with Carantec, in the North of Finistère.

Ouest-France - Credit: Julien D.

First, the man, trapped, refused to abandon his vehicle. But, in front of the rise of the water, he went out of it. At about 6 pm, the car was totally immersed. The fire and rescue brigade of Saint-Pol-de-Léon were only able to mark out the place.

Seems incredible that we can fall in a such trap, but it happen more often than we think… :undecided:
Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #131 by Nikita

The frigate Aquitaine, the first one in the series of the FREMM builded in DCNS Lorient shipyards, finishes successfully her trials at sea.

From now operational, she will join her port of registry of Brest by the end of the month.

The Aquitaine, this early morning in the harbour of Lorient.
Credit: Ouest-France

Proudly :gj:

EDIT : Adding the DCNS link, i can't resist to link the official DCNS video about the launching of the second frigate Normandie, i spoke about some days ago in this forum. Another point of view about this programme and also about the work that we master here in my city. Since the birth of the city, Lorient workers always knew how to built ships and yes, apologizes but here, not in France, not even in Brittany, but here, in my city of Lorient, we are proud of that.
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #132 by Nikita

Personnel of army health department follows during a week in Lorient a training course of medicalization in a hostile environment.

Lorient Commandos Marine squads put medics in the test, in a stressful context and under the (fictious) fire of the enemy.

In a few months, some of these medical staff will participate in the convoy of disengagement of the French troops, in Afghanistan.
They will insure the medical care.

Video here . Photo credits : Vincent Mouchel / Ouest-France
Attachments:

• Xiadz birthday is in 8 days (27)
  • Greg birthday is in 9 days (22)
  • Matke birthday is in 9 days (21)