Movies & Series

9 years 1 month ago #235 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Movies & Series
Not trying to defend those who committed war crimes, but you also have to consider the environment they were brought up in and how they were constantly brainwashed from an early age. Not to mention the consequences they and their families would face by stepping out of line.

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #236 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Movies & Series

I don't deny it. I say and i repeat that the corp of the SS was made, with the exeption of a few, perhaps, it remains to be seen, by fanatical murderers. The raison d'être of the SS was that. Now, if one wants to tell the story of a few men, all right. The one who wants to disguise history, supposedly written by the victors as says this teaser, certainly not with me.

9 years 1 month ago #237 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic Movies & Series
Nikita wrote:
I don't blame a nation, i blame a corp of fanatics killers.

Btw. Nikita you are saying about "fantastic killers". They had an order to do this, to kill someone. And not all German soldiers was a murders, lots of them was taken to the army when they dont want it.
Of course germn propaganda was very bed, generals was saying lodiers things like you need to kill jews and russians to protect good west traditions.
Warning: Spoiler!

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #238 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Movies & Series
No, i talk about fanatics killers, not fantastic.

That said, it's not a way, in my opinion, to say "they had orders". Any soldier, every soldier, had and have orders. Saying so is putting on the same rank a "random" soldier (of the Wehrmacht in this case) and a member of the SS. It's considering a SS member as an ordinary soldier "who had orders". It's not the case in my opinion. A SS was not, say again not, an ordinary soldier. Only convinced Nazis were allowed to meet the SS, and it was a voluntary act to meet this corp. The submition to the Führerprinzip was total, and far before the beginning of the WW2.

EDIT : Yeah, i saw you've made a post about this man in "Legend never die" topic. Here again, it's about an officer of the Wehrmacht. One doesn't make me say what i didn't say : I don't talk about the Wehrmacht, i don't talk about Germany, i don't talk about a people. I talk about the SS.

9 years 1 month ago #239 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Movies & Series
Aaaaaaand following Gallipoli, tonight on my screen another Aussie classic "The Lighthorsemen" :nod:

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

9 years 1 month ago #240 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic Movies & Series
Of course SS sldiers it was selected soldiers, but german propaganda was very strong for them( if you understand, i just dont know how to say it), they was killing to protect German country (3rd Reich). Of course lots of them was a fanatics and nazis, but it was war, every ne had to kill when want to survive :/

No upcoming Birthdays