Movies & Series

9 years 1 month ago #223 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic Movies & Series
Trailer looks very nice, but I want to see all and ready film :movies:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, NL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #224 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Movies & Series
I'll also wait to see it for making an opinion, but i can already say that for me it doesn't smell nice.

I don't like such sentences "History is written by victors", all the revisionists in the world use it.

History is written with the blood of victims, and they're no victors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

9 years 1 month ago #225 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Movies & Series

Nikita wrote: I'll also wait to see it for making an opinion, but i can already say that for me it doesn't smell nice.

I don't like such sentences "History is written by victors", all the revisionists in the world use it.

History is written with the blood of victims, and they're no victors.

I agree in part but I think it is a good thing we are seeing more productions about the way Germans experienced WW2, after all many of them were also just people caught up in a big mess.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #226 by Nikita
Caught up in a big mess, i can agree for "Hans soldier" or for Sergeant Schultz, but the Leibstandarte was not the Wehrmacht.

If they weren't all the same, so let's say that all the victims were just unlucky to fall on the bad ones... I'll talk about that to people in Oradour-sur-Glane or in Tulle...

9 years 1 month ago #227 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Movies & Series

Nikita wrote: Caught up in a big mess, i can agree for "Hans soldier" or for Sergeant Schultz, but the Leibstandarte was not the Wehrmacht.

If they weren't all the same, so let's say that all the victims were just unlucky to fall on the bad ones...

I think there were no innocent people on both sides (army), one side just had "a just cause" behind them. Most times soldiers fight to keep their brothers alive. Of course there were "rotten apples" on all sides. I remember a story about a German soldier who became part of the SS. He was a young boy in the Hitler Jugend and there was a lot of pressure, also from his own parents because of benefits, to become a SS soldier when he didn't really want to. It's a bit easy to say he should have simply refused or have"deserted". As always wars are fought by young and often naive men, often indoctrinated by society or "people in power".

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #228 by Nikita
I don't say he should have.

I say that a tree doesn't make me forget the forest.

• Xiadz birthday is in 10 days (27)