Remote Server Control (RSC)

9 years 3 weeks ago #43 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
- really a new design? :/
- with this system its posible to have 10 reasons, not more
- i think the best way would be a button to sort just like online shopping for price or something?!
- click on "Resources" and on "Time Resource", there are the connects sorted per datetime
- yes RSC ban just with IP, becouse if you would ban a name, he could use names like yours ;)... so not good
- hm, maybe its your connection speed? maybe you should send me a guest pw and i can test it... never had this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #44 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)

JonnySniper wrote: - really a new design? :/
- i think the best way would be a button to sort just like online shopping for price or something?!
- click on "Resources" and on "Time Resource", there are the connects sorted per datetime
- hm, maybe its your connection speed? maybe you should send me a guest pw and i can test it... never had this problem.

What i meant with new design refers to the embed part of RSC. I would use one css file for all available styles, so users have the possibilty to edit each design to their own needs.
The default table could look like or similar: (just the table class is different)
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<title>RSC Banlist</title>

<head>
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="rsc_style.css">
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
</head>

<body>
<table class="rsc_black">
<thead>
	<tr>
		<th class="rsc_nr">No.</th><th class="rsc_ip">IP</th><th class="rsc_player">Player</th><th class="rsc_reason">Reason</th>
	</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
	<tr>
		<td>1</td>
		<td>82.231.134.171</td>
		<td>Batiste</td>
		<td><span class="rsc_reason6">Teamkill</span></td>
	</tr>
</tbody>

<tfoot>
<tr>
	<td colspan="4">
		<span class="rsc_modifydate">Last Update : Wednesday 11.March 2015</span>
	</td>
</tr>
</tfoot>

</table>
</body>
</html>

In the css stylesheet you then have codes for all styles (black, white, custom, ...)

Yes a sort button would be great, for RSC and for the website list. But default should be latest bans first (on top)

Send you a PM with login details.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 1 week ago #45 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
Also would be nice to have a new option in the user managment for editing IP ranges.

And it's possible to upload the banlist html and css into a new folder like RSC/.. Then i could create a new ftp user who is only allowed to read/write in that particular folder without having access to the website files? Then also normal admins could use the update feature. :cookie:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 1 week ago #46 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
Any chance a ban based on the players name and not IP could work?

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 1 week ago #47 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)
Jonny, if in RSC you do whois on an IP address and you see "United States" does this mean RSC cannot find location info?
Many banned players are supposed to be from the US when in fact we know they are not. Like Atef Ryan, he is from Tunesia.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 1 week ago #48 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Remote Server Control (RSC)

betteryouthanme wrote: Also would be nice to have a new option in the user managment for editing IP ranges.

ok

betteryouthanme wrote: And it's possible to upload the banlist html and css into a new folder like RSC/.. Then i could create a new ftp user who is only allowed to read/write in that particular folder without having access to the website files? Then also normal admins could use the update feature. :cookie:

i dont understand :D

@NL
i dont think to ban Nickname`s is the best way.
Every continent got his own Whois adress... and the one of USA sometimes need a long time to send infos...or it doesnt find infos...
so ive set it to United States if a Info doesnt work.... most of all times its correct.

PS: sry for this long time, i also tried for a new function to send more data at one time... becouse of the old way the sockets sends 4096 byte only...
at this time, i dont found a better way
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)