Some ideas for Brest map

9 years 10 months ago #13 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Some ideas for Brest map

No problem Feldmarshal, we just try to make the game the more realistic as possible ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #14 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Some ideas for Brest map
I like your ideas for Brest Nikita!

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #15 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Some ideas for Brest map
I have unfinished project of Brest: some ideas of Nikita already done :)
I changed enemy placement more realistic, I "teamed up" alone enemys because in real life no soldier would be alone, it makes him/her an easy target.
I took out almost all ammo boxes and placed few of them more realistic places(ammo dont just lay around anywhere).
Dynas must be placed on both fuel storage and also on AAguns (I took 2 TNT from subs to place them on AAguns and generator room)
I placed TNT boxes in sub dock so the TNT can be taken only there.
Added few tanks and other wehicles inside and outside. and some more enemy in these gate guard houses(teritory must be protected from the outside too)

Some unfinished ideas:
Enemy attack(with tanks and halftrucks and footsoldiers) after commander killed.
Find documents from somewhere in sub dock.
The door key must be in enemy soldier invetory like in singleplayer.
Should be silent mission with limited ammo at start.

And some tips for modders: Adding many enemys with powerful weapons and lots of objectives does not always make mission interesting, its just the easy way out...like the last Rendezvous witch no one plays.(zdenda has made many good missions but this one was waste of time)
All enemy should be reached (it means no enemy in places where playes cant go)(foortops and so on...if enemy placed on roof, add a ladder there aswell).

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, NL

9 years 10 months ago #16 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Some ideas for Brest map
At one point Zdenda ruined his well thought maps with the weapons and
unhuman skills he gave to the soldiers, just because this was a good
challenge to his skill level.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #17 by Nikita

Roger, Stern. GG :gj:

Well, frankly, i had also some projects about new maps, i talked about this to some guys here, but due to some different reasons, i didn't achieve it yet and now i have to restart all this stuff from the beginning.

EDIT : Also, soldiers who all got 100% shooting + 100% first aid + 100% lock pick + 100% stealth + max of strength and endurance seems a bit unrealistic, even for Waffen SS...

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #18 by Nikita
Some videos about Brest u-boot base

Bombing during WW2.

The base present days.

Even if the u-boot base of Brest was not as large as the one in Lorient, it was also a top priority target for the Allies because the naval complex of Brest also include the harbour and shipyards for German battlecruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau. It was not the case in Lorient for surface ships of this size, due to the specific configuration of the harbour.

Anyway, Brest and Lorient have suffered the same fate: Destroyed more than 95%, the remaining 5% being just these indestructible bunkers...

I believe that we can say today that the great error of the Allies was to not bombard while it was still time, before bunkers receive their roof of reinforced concrete of more than 7 meters in thickness. After that, it was too late, even for bombs as Tall Boy and Grand Slam...
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)