Some ideas for Brest map

9 years 10 months ago #25 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Some ideas for Brest map
dynamite can be found in the sub base but not the regular spot.

betteryouthanme wrote:

NL wrote:

Stern wrote: Well...my modification for Brest is complete for now. :)
]

Good job Stern, always nice to have some variation. Pretty hard with only 3 magazines and it took me a while to find the dynamite :)

no kiddin where's the stupid dynamite? :embarassed: :666:
//edit
//omg found it but it's out of reach?! Like a mousetrap and the dynamite's the cheese..

The map can be played on =RpR= Maptest (Port 41005)

What I can tell already, you can't use spaces in the maplist's mapname.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #26 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Some ideas for Brest map

betteryouthanme wrote: What I can tell already, you can't use spaces in the maplist's mapname.

Yeh...i got this surprize when i added the mission to server...

And this supply box is the mousetrap (under the farest tower) :)

The one who hesitates is lost !

9 years 10 months ago #27 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic Some ideas for Brest map
I just played a bit on the testing server and it's nice to see Brest a bit different for once. Thanks for your effort.

I think it would be nice to edit the maplist a bit. What kind of Special Forces go to a mission with 3 magazines?
:D

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #28 by Ultimate Force
Replied by Ultimate Force on topic Some ideas for Brest map
Wow I was meant to give this map a quick play, but ended up playing it for over an hour. :D

Finding the dynamite and beacon was the hardest task in the whole map. But was nice just to drive around everywhere, crashing everywhere as there was plenty of vehicles on the map to try to get around fast to look for it.

It's hard not to be fooled by the crate by the furthest tower. It's a death trap, which I happened to find out the hard way. :surprised: I just so badly wanted that dynamite!!

So for anyone else playing this map and gets stuck like me on not knowing where the dynamite is:

Warning: Spoiler!

Plus the objectives, its so confusing since after you laid the dynamite on the subs, the objective doesn't get accomplished, which led to me being confused of what to do next. At first I just assumed the map was bugged. Not realising until later you had to blow up the Generator by the fuel store aswell for the mine the subs objective. :/

And blow up the additional fuel store on the right hand side of the base for the other objective.

So overall, I think this map is pretty good after actually managing to complete it. But for players that play this map for the first time, its going to be a nightmare for them since it's really difficult to find anything and knowing what to do. You can get seriously stuck. However the driving around and trying to sneak into the base is great fun.

The key for the gate might be a slight problem though, since if you die holding it, then you wont be able to get another one since the spare key lands on the roof, which promotes glitching. :( It might be recommended to give some of the officers keys aswell just for backup, so you can loot the dead bodies if necessary.

9 years 10 months ago #29 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Some ideas for Brest map

Ultimate Force wrote: Plus the objectives, its so confusing since after you laid the dynamite on the subs, the objective doesn't get accomplished, which led to me being confused of what to do next. At first I just assumed the map was bugged. Not realising until later you had to blow up the Generator by the fuel store aswell for the mine the subs objective. :/

And blow up the additional fuel store on the right hand side of the base for the other objective.

Indeed, you may consider adding a new (optional) objective like in Singleplayer.
51999602	OPTIONAL OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: EXPLOSIVES PLACED NEAR THE ELECTRICITY GENERATOR

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)