Some ideas for Brest map

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #19 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Some ideas for Brest map
I got stuck on reinforce attack, im not familiar with this script language (if it were VBscript, it would be perfect) and i had no idea how to give patch(trajectory) for enemy and vehicles to move them to positions.
Also had problem with 3dsmax, it didnt save the floor(grass or land...) under the map, i fell down right after spawn.

I spent some time to find a way to unpack *.Bin files, I found info from some Mafia forum that the bin files are compressed with zlib, so in long lasting search i founf way to uncompress zlib, but it did nothing, even the file data looked the same (in hex).
Maybe just send a letter to 2Kczech and ask them :)

The one who hesitates is lost !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #20 by Stern
Well...my modification for Brest is complete for now. :)

Brest download

One thing I forgot: (Updated download and included now)

Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, Max.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #21 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Some ideas for Brest map
I checked the Brest “gestopo” mod from Rssabrefinn. Some of the female soldiers have no or a wrong uniform entry in the items.dat, this might cause bugs on dedi servers.
I guess not all 53 new enemies appeared, at the end 143 kills were listed (original Brest has at least 111 enemies).
The new enemies seem to need a signal to unsuspend, these come from the scripts like detectz2guma.scr etc.

The female soldiers have male voices, one can change the language type to female, then they will not talk (like officers), only when being hit or killed. :gj:

@Stern
Nice :)
Some of the ammoboxes might not be visible (on a dedicated server) in their new position, cause they were moved from the Primary sector to a sector inside a building.
The keybox can only be used once. When the new box is airdropped, it lands on the roof and is not accessible.
Just an idea, you could add a new objective to destroy the vehicles, as you put so many of them on the map. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stern

9 years 10 months ago #22 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Some ideas for Brest map

Stern wrote: Well...my modification for Brest is complete for now. :)
]

Good job Stern, always nice to have some variation. Pretty hard with only 3 magazines and it took me a while to find the dynamite :)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 10 months ago #23 by Stern
The vehicles are there to make it look more realistic and i wanted the key to be taken only once, it was the easyest way i think.
I played it through on my server and no fatal problems found.
I can do much better, i have new ideas of other missions so i didnt want to spend too much time to re-create my old modification.

I think its more like teamwork mission, then 3 magz are no problem and ammo boxes are in 2 places. First one is on purpose for only one magazine.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #24 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Some ideas for Brest map

NL wrote:

Stern wrote: Well...my modification for Brest is complete for now. :)
]

Good job Stern, always nice to have some variation. Pretty hard with only 3 magazines and it took me a while to find the dynamite :)

no kiddin where's the stupid dynamite? :embarassed: :666:
//edit
//omg found it but it's out of reach?! Like a mousetrap and the dynamite's the cheese..

The map can be played on =RpR= Maptest (Port 41005)

What I can tell already, you can't use spaces in the maplist's mapname.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• Lukasz birthday is today (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 7 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 8 days (39)