need betatester

6 years 7 months ago #13 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic need betatester
Hello! thanks for playing and your comments! in effect, it is not a map for rambo players. but I think it can be a lot of fun for a maximum of 3 patient players (but it is ready for up to 6 or more). If players follow the steps they will not alert the guards before contact with the resistance. in the first versions you started with a gun and the respawn point was with the resistance, where there was a box with weapons. Now you start with a knife and the respawn is in weapons warehouse. if in this first phase the player is discovered and dies that can happen that, they will kill him again and again at the respawn point, so I do not know if to leave the respawn with the resistance. Any suggestion is welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #14 by NL
Replied by NL on topic need betatester
I played the mission some more and have some further observations:

-when you go to the car with Salter you better be in the passenger seat before she starts driving or she runs you over and gets shot failing the mission.
-when you lose the key you can no longer find it again and don't have access to the officers because you can't open the door. I had to glitch into that room.
-same with the keys to the weapons room where you find dynamite, also had to glitch into there to progress.
-we may need some hints on where the dynamite and collaborator can be found, I was searching for the dynamite for half an hour, found collaborator by accident. Maybe add some hints on the map?
-there is no mention of other prisoners but only Trebissky. So when I freed the prisoners I thought I was done and killed a soldier with a grenade, but also killed Trebissky so I failed the mission.
-Not a single med pack on any soldier so before you find and enter the arms room it is very easy to get killed. Maybe some soldiers should have small med packs.

It would be nice to get some feedback from other players.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX, Polanski

6 years 7 months ago #15 by Polanski
Hello! thank you for your comments! I will try to solve some things but I am limited by the time that I can dedicate and my knowledge of programming.

-You can follow the girl with the motorcycle with sidecar, I think that playing the mission once you already know the movements that makes the girl with the car.

- the prison officer and the gestapo have 3 keys, forget to put extra keys to the soldier who has the key to the store but is really close to the door and should not die in such a short distance. Should I remove the key from that door?

-I could add the word TNT on the map where it says store. I have added numbers that indicate the order of each phase. 1-first contact, 2-resistance 3-knife 4-store 5-prison 6-gestapo and 7-collaborator (if I remember correctly). I think this can help a lot

- I see that the message of the prisoners can cause confusion. I can add target or delete the message.

-there are not many enemies, there are medical kits in the store but had thought to add a doctor with plenty of medical kits.

I have to use the dialogues and original messages of the game, this complicates a little. I write your comments to correct and all comments are welcome. Should I add more enemies? I do not know why prison soldiers are not very effective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #16 by NL

- the prison officer and the gestapo have 3 keys, forget to put extra keys to the soldier who has the key to the store but is really close to the door and should not die in such a short distance. Should I remove the key from that door?

Yes true, but I did not notice the doors there when I got the key, so I had died before I went back looking for dynamite.
Don't have to remove the lock, it is nice to have to kill the soldier quietly before you can get your hands on some weapons.

The doctor will only be on one location, I think a few small medpacks on soldiers is better.

More soldiers is maybe better. I like the mission but somehow I am missing some excitement. I was thinking a moving tank would be nice, or maybe reinforcements in halftracks after you free the prisoners.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX, Polanski

6 years 6 months ago #17 by Polanski
if you follow all the steps, you get from the "bridge" soldier the key to the store and the documents that the guard asks you for later. then, an additional objective is accomplished: infiltrate to the warehouse without being seen.

I can add some medicine kits to some fixed soldier, so you'll always know it's available. (apart from the doctor)

had thought to add reinforcements in halftruck after the prison, now come 4 that should enter but only enter two sometimes.

I have also discovered an invisible volume that can be annoying, near the ruins where the car is, I have to review that. I would like to remove some volumes at the beginning and end of the map could take more space. I wrote an MP to betteryouthanme but he does not seem to be connecting lately, he has worked on this map and I think he could help me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, ShayoX

6 years 6 months ago #18 by NL
Tried map again but to be honest it's a bit frustrating.

I got killed 3 times by soldiers coming through closed doors and solid walls. Got killed by an invisible and in-audible soldier around Av. de la Paix.
In other missions you can get killed through walls too on this map, not all walls and doors seem to have collision. Like east wall and north door of ammo room.

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)