need betatester

6 years 6 months ago #25 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic need betatester
Wow! very interesting! the truth is that I wanted to put some randomness on the map. If you feel like collaborating on this map and want to work on it, it is open to everyone. But we should work in the same version and coordinate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #26 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic need betatester
You are in better position to mod that mission, me, or anyone else have to first get familiar with this mission (from modding side) and it takes time...

But this is a mission situated in a built up area (houses), here maybe is even good idea to use something similar to the script I developed, where alerted enemy sometimes might follow player, to make enemy "accidentally" find player who is maybe sitting too long on the same place...but with random movements, it can happen already...

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polanski

6 years 6 months ago #27 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic need betatester
Version 1.3
It’s a bit hard with only one spawn, but that’s just an opinion ;)

The Citroen seems to have a “high speed” jeep definition from a racing map, makes it hard to control the vehicle if you drive yourself. The “normal” definition can be exported from Co_Burgundy2.

I guess the FRM_SwitchFaceTexture script line causes a level of detail bug for Salter (distorted face). Works better when disabled.

If you want some random you could for example let enemies spawn at different places. Therefore you would add more enemies to the actors.bin and let only one or more of few spawn. Example: SnipersSelector.scr in Ard_1 by Zdenda.

6 years 6 months ago #28 by Polanski
You should not drive the car! the mission is designed for the girl to drive to the contact. If you drive, the girl has to go all the way on foot. you have to be gentlemanly! she knows the way.

I can randomize the contact zone, and this way you have to give the car control to the girl.

The car may be too fast, it may remind Mafia racing ;) I can adjust this too. the car will always be available. although you can also follow the girl on a motorcycle.

I know what you mean by the texture of the girl, I'll adjust this too.

I will try to give some randomness to the enemies too, thanks for the advice!

Thanks for comment! is going to be an interesting mission!

6 years 6 months ago #29 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic need betatester
I wondered why the barrier doesn’t work. It has no collision and no white frame around it, so there must be a definition problem. I could not add another definition to your actors.bin so I took an unchanged actors.bin from Normandy4_mp_zone and imported the definitions zavora1.Cylinder01 (race camera) and klika (ID13 doesn’t exist) from Czech1 with DCED. Then I added the models for them and had a barrier and switch with own collision.

I also added the 2 soldiers near the barrier from TEST. Changed the script for the officer a bit and now he opens the barrier. Just for testing, bots in occupation can crash the game when got killed. The switch doesn’t work but maybe it’s not needed, barrier should just stay open after being lifted. To try it copy your TEST script directory and rename it to Normandy4_mp_zone and start occupation game. Into the missions directory Normandy4_mp_zone you need to copy items.dat check2.bin and mpscripts.dta to make it work. Copy the attached actors.bin to that missions directory (backup if already existing). Offer the documents (id 239) in the occupation maplist.

I guess you can add some signal to the officer script and let the soldier lift the barrier, the right animation (not winding, just pressing down the counterweight) should be in the Africa5 cutscene script. Better position for him would be behind the barrier I guess, not walking through the barrier-line.

There’s also the model la_zavora01 from which you can take the supports under the barrier (podpera). You can experiment a bit with the sectors of the models to make it look like in Africa5 where there is a simple turnpike.

The important scripts from Czech1 are vechtr, zavora and zavora klika.scr to find out about the barrier.

About the car: with the right definition it sounds better. Why not ride with Salter and use the car later when she is “in safety” near the civilian. You could also set the fuel to 0 after she’s arrived to prevent players from using it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #30 by Polanski
Hello!! I really appreciate your contribution

the truth is that I have already managed to operate the barrier, I explain in:

https://www.rprclan.com/forum/23-modding/2893-mobile-barrier?start=6https://www.rprclan.com/forum/23-modding/2893-mobile-barrier?start=6

The idea of gasoline for the car is very good!

I already have the mission practically finished, soon there will be a new version.

thank you very much again!

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)