What's up at home today...?

6 years 7 months ago #1369 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What's up at home today...?
Looks like a pair of Kukri knives. Like a Gurkhas badge.

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #1370 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic What's up at home today...?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Police_Force_(Nepal)

:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, NL

6 years 7 months ago #1371 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
The dispute with the seller (mediation by AliExpress) has already been resolved and I will get a full refund (may take a few weeks before I have it).
TBH I am a bit surprised that went so fast and am satisfied with that. They said " because your account with us has an excellent reputation" we have no doubt about your claim. (ordered a few things before).

After the claim was resolved I investigated the strip further and found out the plus cable was not soldered right to the strip and was touching the cable next to it causing a short-circuit. So assuming it was a "monday morning product" I ordered it again hoping the next one will be of better quality... :gasp: We'll see if that was a stupid decision... If the next one works I will have a reserve remote control and battery, extra magnets and power cable ;)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 7 months ago #1372 by NL
I bought a new pc case. The old one didn't satisfy me any more and didn't seem adequate enough to keep the CPU cool. I also missed USB 3 ports on the front.
The one I got is a relatively "cheap" Sharkoon BW9000 with a tempered glass side panel. It has 2 x 40mm fans in the front and 1 120mm at the back. It is much more silent than I expected! Even more silent than my old case even when that one had 200 mm fans. Now my cpu is with normal use only about 4 degrees warmer than my system temperature, in my old system that was between 8-10 degrees warmer. I guess in the old case the top 200mm fan was more disrupting the airflow to the cpu than actually helping with cooling. The new case also has more options for liquid cooling should I ever decide to do that. Also easily removable dust filters and better cable manegement options. I guess it's a pity you can see the ssd and hdd cradles but nothing is perfect. And of course the new case will look much better once I get a working led strip from China... All I need (want) now for my system now is a new monitor but that will have to wait, I spend more on this system than I should have considering I am once again without work but hey, it gives me pleasure :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #1373 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic What's up at home today...?
Nice lookin' pc case there Jo :gj: Now it only needs some led :P
When purchasing that new monitor you should look for the ones with G-Sync support for that Nvidia card of yours.
It is like VSync only made by Nvidia but it's kinda better and removes some of that frame stutters.
AMDs FreeSync is way better and and removes stutters even quicker but that Nvidia G-Sync will handle it too for sure.
Oh yeah and lots of hertz for better framerates :D But you sure knew that already
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

6 years 7 months ago #1374 by NL
Yup Shay, those are the things I want, also 1or 2 ms response time. It also has to be able to display " true" black and have a 100mm vesa mount option. Maybe also a higher resolution than 1080p. That's why it will have to wait because that will cost some money too...
Anyway, my current monitor is basically fine so no rush. But it's the next thing on my list. I would also like a m2 ssd card and maybe a new gaming mouse. More wishes than I have money for at the moment :) The led strip should arrive within a day or ten...if it will work...

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

• spartacus birthday is in 4 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 5 days (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 9 days (28)