What are you cooking?

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #517 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
Saving exactly the required amount for 2 more teglia base pizzas, I decided to make something with the leftover Italian flour and also test baking with the durum wheat flour. Forza Italia!

Made some chapati for breakfast: 400g durum flour(semola rimacinata), 280g water, 7g salt, 2g yeast... rested in the basement from midnight to 6 AM. This was a bit too wet and sticky but the chapatis were not as hard as the Colonel's rubber tire...

Warning: Spoiler!

Also for breakfast, some crepes with the same durum flour and remaining Caputo Tipo 1. I used about 250g (100 + 150) flour, 750ml milk, 2 eggs and 1 egg white, pinch salt, 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Ricotta filling with 1 egg yolk, vanilla sugar packet and raisins soaked in elder flower tea. Some fresh berries and that's all you need

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #518 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic What are you cooking?
Made this afternoon 160 beef sambosas ( Malagasy )for the evening of my son , accompanied by crushed tomatoes. 

Only ground beef ,curry ,green onions ,onions,coriander,lemons , salt,pepper and brick leaves . You can add fresh chili. Simple recipes are often the best  
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni, jacobston

2 years 9 months ago #519 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What are you cooking?
They look FANTASTIC!!!!!!

How many can you eat before people start judging you? What's an accepted amount?

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

2 years 9 months ago #520 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic What are you cooking?
Let’s say a dozen is good , accompanied by rosé wine , it’s perfect and for the more daring a puree of fresh chilli peppers (watch out for the transition to customs the next day  
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni

2 years 9 months ago #521 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What are you cooking?
A whole different meaning to the term "hot pants" 

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki

2 years 8 months ago #522 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
One more to go after this.

Another very simple bake with the same dough, but I've tried potatoes again after 3 years. Failing is not an option, I did it twice. Tried to not cut my fingers with a knife, added olive oil, freshly grated garlic from the garden and a few pinches of salt 

Pretty happy with the result. It's not as crispy as you get potato chips from the bag, but the edges did get crispy. Success!

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, Maki

• iBeLKa birthday is today (31)
  • 43 birthday is in 3 days (57)