What are you cooking?

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #565 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
White Peach Kompot
(for Winter and Summer )
Step #1: Choose your preferred type of fruit. In this case it's white peaches!
We already have sour cherry, quince, plum(white and blue) and apricot kompot in the basement. You can also try apples and pears. I feel those are best served when made fresh!

Step #2: Pick your fruit. Try not to fall from the ladder or the roof of the house in case you have falling damage turned On. If you have it turned Off, nothing to worry about This is two crates plus two more buckets I managed to pick just before sunset. I saw these for sale on the market today at the price of 1 Euro/kg

Step #3: Wash the fruit very well. No need to use detergent. In this case we used the sponge to remove the fur from the skin of the peaches. They look nice and clean now The same you can do with apricots. When you're making apple or pear kompot you can remove their skin and seeds, then dice them in cubes as large as you want.

Step #4: Wash the jars you're going to use. Here the jars are 720 ml and two larger ones of over 800 ml. No need to sterilize them. Squeeze your fruit inside the jars. Depending on the pot you're using to boil the kompot jars, make the math so you know how many jars fit so you prepare the fruit for one batch at a time

Step #5: Prepare the syrup. In this case just fill the jars with water(just to cover the fruit). Put all the water from the jars in a pot and add 4 tablespoons of sugar for each jar. Just mix until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the syrup back over the fruit and seal the jars with a lid that fits!

Step #6: Boiling your kompot. We use this pot where we can fir exactly 10 jars. At the bottom we put some wooden planks so the glass jars don't touch the bottom of the pot. You cover the jars with your favorite shirt and then add water until it kind of reaches the level of the syrup in your jars. Turn on the fire and after it starts boiling(you will hear the jars making some noise, not too much bubbling), count about 30-40 minutes. This way you boil everything in the jars. Once the time has passed, carefully remove the hot jars from the pot and place together in your basement, covered with your favorite blankets so they cool down slowly :) Add a name and a date on your jars because they last a few years. Enjoy hot in Winter or cold in the Summer!

White peach kompot is my favorite one, along with the newest discovery of the orange kompot last year

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juanma66, Damni, Maki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #566 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What are you cooking?
Great reference for future experiments.

Long live the forum!!!

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

1 year 7 months ago #567 by snowman
Basement stash

Also some peach jam today... 8 jars, and 7 more coming tomorrow to make it 15

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, Maki

1 year 6 months ago #568 by Damni
Made some homemade tagliatelle:
Serves: 4
- 200g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of salt

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki, jacobston

1 year 5 months ago #569 by Damni
Apple Pie
(my grandma's style )

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Juanma66, Maki, jacobston

1 year 5 months ago #570 by snowman
Are you taking guests tonight? I only have peanuts, M&Ms and leftover pizza

The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)