What are you cooking?

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #79 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What are you cooking?
Yes but keep in mind this was one pizza for two people, 22 inches wide (60 cm) and of course in a famous restaurant, so you pay a little more (only about 10 euro per person, so fair price I think). When we came there we had no reservation and we had to wait for over one hour and then we couldn''t even sit in the restaurant but only outside. It was may and San Francisco can be pretty cold and windy, especially when the sun is down at that time of year. But fortunately they had terrace heaters ;)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #80 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic What are you cooking?
I know Jo, San Francisco is even better than South Italy :D
Salaries are higher, so stuffs are more expensive than here.
Lol Nikita I eat baguette when I visited Paris in August 2000...it would be great with Italian mortadella :lol:

-VIS ET HONOR-

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #81 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
I would like to work in a really good pizzeria or start my own if I ever have any money for that.

20$ for a Margherita is a good price in US. My mother needs to work 3 days to buy one pizza like that.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

8 years 11 months ago #82 by Rs_Funzo
Sometimes I think about to learn make pizza, Snow. I don't know if it's a job for me, but I think that if you learn to make pizza you won't be unemployed. I Always wanted an office job in my life, but it's a bad period in Italy. So to make pizza would be a "defeat" for me...but I'm noticing that many guys are leaving Italy to make pizza in North Europe or North America. Sorry if I ask, do you have a job yet, mate?

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #83 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
No, I'm out of work. Actually I haven't been employed yet. All work I did until know was
trying to help others without any money. I've been slacking for quite a while now. The
problem is that I don't look for jobs. I must start learning and work daily on getting more
experience in my domain, then either find a job or accept one of the offers I had.

I would even work 2 jobs of 8-9 hours each. Either one can be payed. Would be nice
to have programming and something to start cooking or working in a garden.

What's your office job?

"Straight and narrow is the path."

8 years 11 months ago #84 by Rs_Funzo
I'm not been working since last June. I meant that in my life I studied and I got a degree (Italian literature) because I wanted an office job. Unfortunately, in this period it's almost impossible here to get a good office job, so I think that in future I have to adapt to get another job. I will never be a waiter, but maybe a pizza maker is different and more "rewarding"...

-VIS ET HONOR-

• Lukasz birthday is in 3 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 10 days (63)