What are you cooking?

9 years 3 days ago - 9 years 3 days ago #85 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What are you cooking?
If you're not earning anything, you can start by being a waiter if you have a really good pizzeria around you.
You can make the decision to be the best waiter there is, then move up. I always make the mistake of
trying to control what comes to me. There's always opportunities here and there. They may seem like nothing
at the time, but others come when you enjoy everything you do. People are unemployed because they don't
want to start anywhere. Then there's the laws that tell your employer you can't pay him less than the minimum
wage - when you're not productive enough - so the employer ends up not tanking risks.

I want to restart again the web programming learning and learn as much as I can as working for free. I think
it's a great opportunity to meet really nice people. For me money always comes when I need it, not before, not
after, and exactly or a bit more than I need.

The worst thing is my family complaining that I'm not thinking about my pension. I prefer to do my best all my
life if it's longer or short, I don't care.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 days ago #86 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic What are you cooking?
To be a waiter, or a pizza maker, it's just a thing I never thought in my life, Flo. After a degree, it's a defeat for me to go work as waiter. But at the same time I think that I can't wait for an office job for eternity. Especially because it's almost impossible here to get one.
So you are right...I should learn something else. Thanks for your advices :)

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

9 years 3 days ago - 8 years 11 months ago #87 by snowman
Maybe more people will appreciate you as a really good waiter, bartender, pizzaiolo or making cakes
than if you would be someone locked in an office. I have no interest in presenting any of my degrees.
Does anyone ask you about degrees when you go to a party? It's who or what you are or have become.
Others are better at this or that, but it doesn't matter if it's always the dedication to do the best job
possible. How do you think genuine millionaires come? They aim to be successful at what they do.
They don't even use all that money, they just stack it over other money.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

9 years 2 days ago #88 by Rs_Funzo
Wise words mate. I'm realizing that I made a big mistake when I decided to go to college.
Thanks again...

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #89 by snowman
No a mistake to go to college. As Steff told me: "M8, if you know everything you learned at college,
then you have nothing to worry about." :D

I went to college just to finish a college. Some stuff I liked, and it was effortless just to pass without
learning, some were really annoying or stupid where you had to study, but when you see nobody
is interested you took the same attitude. College is mostly crap when you don't pay for it from your
own pocket, like it happened to me because I had good grades. Those who benefit most from
college are those who pay from their pockets and also choose really good and expensive colleges.
In US, they have what is called community college. Really good quality teachers and students and
it's 2-3 years only. They are good because all of those people who go there really want to learn
something.

Not wise, maybe common sense. :lol:

8 years 11 months ago #90 by Rs_Funzo
Mate I noticed that ppl that jojned army or that went to work after school, many years ago, now they still work. Ppl that joined university instead to go work (like me) now are unemployed. For this reason I say that if I had been smarter, I would have joined army or I would have gone ork to a factory, instead of go to university. This is Italy, today. Graduated guys have to emigrate, and ignorants are working.

-VIS ET HONOR-

• spartacus birthday is in 5 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 6 days (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 10 days (28)