Lutsip LS3D Editor

3 years 4 months ago - 11 months 1 week ago #1 by FlashX
Lutsip LS3D Editor was created by FlashX
Unleash your creativity and design your own action-packed missions with Lutsip LS3D Editor – the level editor for Hidden & Dangerous 2!
With the ability to place various objects and assign them various behaviors (actors) from over 25 available types, including humans, dogs, vehicles, doors, ladders and more other, you'll have complete control over every aspect of your mission. The AI navigation grid and colliders will ensure that your enemies react realistically to your player's movements. The editor also allows to add wide range of special effects such as lights, volumetric lights, particles, and water settings that will bring your missions to life.

Whether you want to create a stealth mission or an all-out war, Lutsip LS3D Editor has everything you need to make your vision a reality.
So, what are you waiting for? Start creating your own custom missions and take the battle to the enemy!  
Support the editor development:

Original text:
Hello, it's been a while since I first mentioned the 3D mission editor for Hidden & Dangerous 2 I'm working on. The editor which would allow you to design new missions pretty simply in comparison to the tools made so far. To make something like this needs a lot of time, of course. I had to make a complete study of the original game engine and try to replicate that in my editor. After a year of hard work, I can finally say that the editor is ready for the first public release. The editor is unofficial, so it wasn't easy to find out how it all works and what each value does. Please be lenient with its possible imperfections, but if you will find any issues, let me know about them.

I must say the editor is pretty complex now and allows you to create and edit almost everything. I will probably publish some tutorials on how to work with the editor soon, however, a lot can be learned from the original missions.

You can also find some useful lists of items and collision materials, which I released within the editor package. I wish you a lot of success with modding, I would say that this is where a certain revolution begins

Brief overview of available features:
  • Placing various objects and edit their settings (models, lights, sounds, ...)
  • Assigning actors from more than 25 available types (humans, vehicles, doors, ladders, ...)
  • AI navigation grid
  • Colliders
  • Main scene settings
  • Effects (particles)
  • Level items
  • Inventories
  • Decorations (grass)
  • Volumetric lights
  • Water settings
  • Tracks
  • Applying vertex animations or meshplayers

Hardware and system requirements:
  • Graphics card with OpenGL 3.3 and higher
  • .NET Framework 4.8 and higher

Read the ReadMe and license before your first use.
If you have any questions or you would like to support me, contact me either here or via Discord (FlashX#9997).

Thank you to all the testers, who helped me finding bugs:
Melber, ProSabre, Shay and Winters

Thank you to all the people who actively supported me

Thank you, hdmaster, for your help in understanding unknown values in mesh colliders and sharing your algorithm
Thank you, Ted Striker, for sharing hdmaster's custom terrain with properly created mesh colliders
Thank you, snowman, for all your support and especially the help in contacting hdmaster and sharing his custom terrain

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: betteryouthanme, snowman, Nikita, Damni, josua, ProSabre, Stern, Winters, ShayoX, WANGER, Florente, Stompinidus, DanJ, Rickystar25, BierBuik, p.jakub88, MR.47, Matro, pudingus, culticaxe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
"It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Winston Churchill.

As you said "everything is possible now"! :mm1:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: FlashX, MR.47

3 years 4 months ago #3 by Stompinidus
Replied by Stompinidus on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Flash, this is amazing. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, FlashX

3 years 4 months ago #4 by Winters
Replied by Winters on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Nice job FlashX! I'm happy that you finally made it :)

3 years 4 months ago #5 by Matro
Replied by Matro on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Best news of the year :party:

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #6 by Zdenda
Replied by Zdenda on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
First of all I´d like to express my sincere gratitude for all the efforts that were made in order to put the editor together. This is truly the best news of the day I have read so far I must say. I am sure it has taken a hell lot of research and need of deep understanding of many details within the H&D2SS LS3D engine and its capabilities. Flash and all others involved on this project, honestly, this is great honor for your work. I think it is the right time to let the world know on all fronts, as the second part of life of this game has just began.

One question for the beginning - the app works only with NET Framework 4.8, which automatically disincludes everyone having Vista or older OS, for which H&D2SS was originally designed. Would there be any way to make the editor run with NET Framework 4.6 (latest supported)?

Alright: Solved - in the config file "LutsipEngine.exe.config" just change demanded version from 4.8 to 4.6.

Regards,
Zdenda

=°«{27th Armoured Tiger Ðivision}»°=
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, DanJ, FlashX, p.jakub88, MR.47

• 43 birthday is in 2 days (57)