Lutsip LS3D Editor

3 years 4 months ago #13 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor

FlashX wrote: To be honest, I'm pretty tired after all that work... It took more than a year to make this and got nothing from that, except the experience of course... I spent almost every my free second working on that, just because I always wanted to have an editor for this awesome game and share it with the community... :confused:

We would like to celebrate the release of your editor and also give thanks to everyone keeping this highway busy all these years. Everyone has done a brilliant job doing what they do best and never forgot their fellow soldiers. Every second of our time is worth celebrating

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: FlashX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #14 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Thanks, so basically it's only the sticking windows left.. Reminder to myself: Always read the fuckin Readme :D

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 4 months ago #15 by snowman
Welcome to the club :mm5:

3 years 4 months ago #16 by snowman
So far Zdenda, Ted Striker and Stern have problems launching the editor. Either the graphics card can't support OpenGL 3.3 or other problems in Ted's case :no:

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #17 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor

FlashX wrote: Colliders

I havent fully tested your program yet but
If you got collision to work properly then you might know the meaning of the 4-bytes int. number before each name in tree.klz.
For some names its 1 and some has 2.

***Few years ago I discovered that for some collisions this number turns collision off if its set to zero !

Example here is from Normandy_4.
Now if the value is set to zero then this collision is turned off and player can fall through.

Anyway...you have done huge work :gj: ...might feel relieved and some pressure drop :)

The one who hesitates is lost !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, FlashX

3 years 4 months ago #18 by FlashX
Replied by FlashX on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor

Stern wrote:
If you got collision to work properly then you might know the meaning of the 4-bytes int. number before each name in tree.klz.
For some names its 1 and some has 2.

In the first place thank you for your praise, I really appreciate it... :)

The value you mentioned is related to the object-collider link... It can be 1, 2 or 3...

1 – Collision surface – Used for mesh colliders (decals are projected onto the mesh)
2 – Collision volume – Used for collision volumes (primitives – box, plane, sphere, cylinder) which aren't exactly shaped like the actual geometry (decals are not projected onto the mesh)
3 – Auxilary collision volume Used for auxilary collision volumes (invisible walls), but I'm not sure whether it changes anything, perhaps this collider is not a sight obstacle for AI, I don't really know... (in everything else it behaves the same like other collision volumes)

In my editor it can be found in the collider panel as a property named Relation
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Stern

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)