New CO-OP Maps

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #115 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic New CO-OP Maps

NL wrote: Tested Blitzb2, found no problems.

In dedicated server it feels a bit different, first enemy is alerted too easy that is why i moved this truck to block enemy from seeing player in spawn.
Didnt have accident with enemy nade ?
You played latest version? it has new spectator views, quite handy for admin to have better GTA1 style overview and all these views can be used for any "co_brest" based mission(BrestGestopo, BrestExtended...) and only client needs them.

I tested ArcExt night (the day version is too bright, i have very bright monitor and it hurts my eyes).
It was playable. i guess this mission does'nt need to see a doctor anymore :)

The one who hesitates is lost !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #116 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New CO-OP Maps
I played Release date: 21.09.2015 local on my LAN. First guards were still easily alerted when I crawled over prone.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 6 months ago #117 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic New CO-OP Maps

NL wrote: Tested AC1 ext day and night.
Started with day and had some strange problems like a blank map, tanks not rendering right and not being able to put explosives on them.
Then I realized I had just copy/pasted the new folders over the existing ones so I deleted all folders and installed again. That solved all problems. So a good advice would be to first delete existing folders from the 1.0 version in MISSIONS and SCRIPTS.

After that played night version and there were no problems except Sygurd is no longer visible on the map. No trouble shooting the snipers.
Also: only objectives needed to finish the mission are:
-find Sygurd
-find entrance
-kill enemy (=including tanks)

All other objectives are optional.

Strange, normally all new files overwriting the old ones, so that can't be the solution. Maybe this rendering bug appears not everytime which would be really annoying cause i can't see how to fix it.

Sygurd is going on the hill if you wait too long contacting him. (If i remember well 60 seconds after 2nd spawn is activated)
Pilot objective is random. (50/50)

You mean the gathering objective was not showing up after Sygurd, entrance and killing enemies completed?

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #118 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New CO-OP Maps
No, the gathering objective did show up as last, I should have said that.
Didn't get the pilot objective.

The rendering bug also showed up while testing the 1.0 version. Somehow it was fixed, maybe it was a problem on my end. Conflicting models or whatever.
If I copy the new files over the older could it be some residual files are left, maybe with different names or something?

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 6 months ago #119 by SamuelColt
Replied by SamuelColt on topic New CO-OP Maps
and the project Normandy 4 (coop) is still under development?

I love this map 8)

8 years 6 months ago #120 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic New CO-OP Maps

samuelfenix wrote: and the project Normandy 4 (coop) is still under development?

I love this map 8)

I like it too, wide streets, buildings that can be used. Its a lot better than Normandy2 for a good coop mission. I spent some time there and planning what i would do if it was a coop map. I guess the main problem is that there is no checkpoints for AI to move.

ArcExt
Funny...i never had any visual problems with ArcExt, i remember the first version, someone added a screenshot where was tank with some wheels missiong...:undecided: But in this test server one time i had same problem with tank that i could not add a sticky bomb to it. i disconnencted, re-connected and it solved this problem.

The one who hesitates is lost !

• 43 birthday is today (57)