New CO-OP Maps

6 years 9 months ago #223 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New CO-OP Maps
@Snow keep in mind that several things are random, the tank around the village goes either clock- or anti-clockwise. The flak truck can be at different positions in or around the village. The tank and half-tracks that come to the checkpoint have come from different directions every time I played the map.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #224 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic New CO-OP Maps
The tank circling the town seems to be able to see me through walls and fires at me, doesn't hit me though.
I have never noticed this behaviour. I have a deeper look into scripts.

the door opening in the jail you spawn in seems to block bullets, was not able to hit an enemy until he went through the opening.
See previous answer

I destroyed the flak truck near the checkpoint with a grenade and blew it up but the flak and gunnner were still active, and killed me.
See previous answer

Objective "use radio to call for a pickup" is a bit strange because you need to use the radio to start the attack on the checkpoint and otherwise the mission does not continue.
The radio is there to call for pickup. But in the mission the message is intercepted by the germans, which then send reinforcements.

Encountered no problems except a bugged soldier at he flak truck at the start, his animation was frozen, shooting at me but with weapon still shouldered.
On your screenshot this looks like a passenger of the SdKfZ. I'll have a look.

you can remove the knives from our inventory and just add knives in the box outside the cell door(where they actually are, but maybe that was your intention when releasing the map).
Initially i wanted to spawn the knifes crate only if "stay hidden" fails but that did not work so i decided to put a crate near prison and add knifes to maplist.

you can add a box with 1-2 tank mines and anti-personal mines. Sorry if there
is such a box and I missed it.

Sure that's no problem. Maybe inside the parachuted crate with bazooka inside or at second spawn somewhere?

the Tiger that leaves from the bunker to the plane, he always seems to be an easy target from the SE. Maybe you can make it not to leave every single time.
Actually you can prevent the tank from driving to the Liberator wreck. On alarm, the tank crew runs to the Tiger and starts driving.
But yes, making it random too is an option. Btw if you manage to steal the Tiger tank you have limited fuel. But i don't know if that works on dedi servers. If not you have unlimited fuel which would be a bit too easy from there on. Gonna check.

about the "not getting spotted" objective... can it be as an additional objective instead
Yes. But why? Does it annoy you so much if in the finla screen one objective is marked as "Failed"? :D
The mission can still be finished but i'm sure you know that already.

the map gives a feeling of Stealth of Sand, meaning you always have to gear up
when you respawn. No problems when you play 1 life :D To help a bit, you can add
some gasoline to the truck we have in the courtyard and maybe have 1-2 bikes from
reinforcements, that may come randomly (I haven't check all the randomness of
the mission yet)

Yes that's fine. Maybe it's time to make a desert version of the motorbike..

it would be cool to add a 3rd jeep or a pink truck with Major Steffen Wolf since last
Sunday 10 players did not fit the two jeeps

Well that's of course possible. But the more scripted jeeps you have, the more can go wrong :D
Btw i did not intent to puplish the jeep drivers with the names like this. :lol: I gonna change them to the player's nicknames.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Damni, NL

6 years 9 months ago #225 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic New CO-OP Maps
Thank you so much.

Yes, a desert motorbike would be cool.
Mines inside the city please.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

6 years 9 months ago #226 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic New CO-OP Maps

Yes that's fine. Maybe it's time to make a desert version of the motorbike..

Desert + Motorbike + NIB = :sos:

Check out my photos on Pixelfed
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

6 years 9 months ago #227 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic New CO-OP Maps

"Straight and narrow is the path."

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #228 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic New CO-OP Maps

I finished Jailbreak right now, thanks for the ride Bill Shaw and Antol Marek... :gj:

Some points i noticed, meeting the previous feedback :

- Some soldiers can shoot across the walls, in the spawn building. I was killed one time this way by the soldier with the shotgun. ZB soldier can do the same and also some others using K98.

- When you come from the village on direction to the post, the sniper on top the right cliff, just over the AA truck, seems to not be hit by your shots, depending the position you are. I experienced it when trying to shoot him when i was in the area of the Liberator. From other positions, no problem, he falls at the first shot.

- It's true that, depending the situation, lot of enemies they come a bit as sheeps at the slaughterhouse, especially in the village (spawn building and weapons room building) and also when they attack the post. None of them used a nade inside, although the spawn building, the weapons building and the post are close-quarters combat (nade first, enter second). :undecided:

- The way i succeeded, i have deal with the enemies in the trench beside the buried Tiger by sniping them from a good position behind a dune and let them come to me. I saw the red light alarm but the Tiger didn't see me, or perhaps it's because i sniped the driver first, so it stayed at its place, just pointing its turret to my location but it didn't have any angle of fire, so i made a large turn and used a sticky to blow it at its position. I thing this way is easier than dealing with it near the Liberator when it escapes from the trench. (Also, i persist to think that SAS are basically infantrymen and not tankers, so, stealing a tank, fuel or not fuel, is definitely out of my concept... :lol: )

- IMHO, there are too many enemies carrying medipacks, in addition of those available in the crate at the weapons room. Perhaps the Doctor's stuff could be enough (by example if you modify it with two large medipacks instead one large and two small)...?
:mm1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)