× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

HD2 - Steam version CD key problem - possible fix!

6 years 3 months ago #19 by Maki
I installed the game with the original discs and legal key

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #20 by NL
Right so same as me.
And do you have STEAM installed on your pc?

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 3 months ago #21 by Maki
no steam intalled on my pc
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

6 years 3 months ago #22 by NL
Okay, so Pat experiences no problems with the "key already in use" message, but I do.
Only difference between him and me is the fact I have STEAM installed and he doesn't.
If I am correct Pat also uses windows 10 64 bit, like me.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 3 months ago #23 by Maki
Actually, I have window 10 64 bits and I have never had any notifications "keys already in use"
Steam Generates Key Errors? Maybe

6 years 3 months ago #24 by Ultimate Force
Replied by Ultimate Force on topic HD2 - Steam version CD key problem - possible fix!
I really want to test out my retail version of the game with another steam user later, after I uninstalled my steam version.

I believe my retail key also clashes with steam users and i dont know why. And my retail key starts off with 15a0-767e-****-****, so its totally different compared to the steam key which starts with 1234-5678-****-*****

I need someone with 2 mins to spare a bit later to connect to a server im on with a steam version to see if the cd key error comes up even with my retail key. Since at the moment, i keep changing my steam version to my retail key. But its not helping, I have the feeling my retail key "15a0-767e-****-**** doesnt work either if someone is using the steam version on the server. :o

So im gonna just uninstall the steam version for now since i dont know if something is wrong with my registry. Dont know why i get cd key in use error when playing with my retail version with the retail key showing in registry. Dont know if its because i also have steam version installed and its changed something elsewhere. So I will just uninstall everything completely, and just do a fresh install of my retail version afterwards.

Then hopefully someone can try to test to play with me with a steam version. and see if its still popping out cd key in use errors. :o

Since then i know, that theres no point changing the steam version key to my retail, if it still wont let me play with other steam players. :o

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)